Houzz Logo Print
gary_arnold6502277

Which configuration looks better?

G Arnold
hace 4 años

Hi. Can't make my mind up as to which configuration of furniture I prefer... so figured I would canvas opinion which has been a great help in the past.

Option 1: bank of low level cupboards/TV unit
Option 2: white kartell cylinder storage and low level cupboard/TV unit

Comentarios (18)

• minipie
    hace 4 años

Option 2. Option 1 looks a bit squeezed in and I’d be nervous about the heat from the rad damaging the left hand cupboard.

• minipie
    hace 4 años

Although Option 1 would be much better if you could shuffle the whole lot over to the right a few inches - can you?

• G Arnold
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

That's what has been bugging me I think... only problem with shuffling to the right is that messes with my OCD... the centre of the middle cupboard won't be aligned with the centre of the TV :)

• Jules Mc
    hace 4 años

Houzz nerd that I am I remember your room from way back, it's looking fabulous Gary .
    Much preferred option 1 until minipie pointed out radiator problem. I'd def try her suggestion of moving them to the right a little (well if I had three strong men and could sit on the couch eating a crunchie while they did it!!)

• G Arnold
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

shuffled it across a bit... will see if my OCD can handle the TV being off-centre from.the main unit... I had to align the left hand side of it to the edge of the TV to avoid a panic attack ;)

• Ellie
    hace 4 años

Yay, someone with as many plants as me in the living room! I prefer no 2, but I wouldn't have the plant on top of the circular unit.

• Jules Mc
    hace 4 años

I like it and think I could handle TV now aligning with the left of the double cabinet but im not too ocd about such things. I would try moving the taller plant on the left over to the other side to avoid blocking you artwork though.

• G Arnold
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks Jules. Yep, Ellie... although I think we may have gone too far... running out of space for humans ;)

• Victoria
    hace 4 años

Given your art and the fact that there are three doors, I think you could centre the tv above the two doors it’s currently over. I think that would trigger my OCD less than its current position

• G Arnold
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

ha ha... definitely not moving the TV, it was a total pain to fit in the first place due to the solid stone walls... nearly broke me (and my SDS drill!)

• kwg kwg
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I prefer option 2 as option 1 looks 'unbalanced' with the TV towards one side. Funny with the OCD bit, as you see the TV being off centre to line where the 2 cupboards meet right? But my OCD would be not having the TV right in the centre of all 3 cupboards if you see what I mean. Each to their own I say :-). But then if you shuffle it further left, it will be too close the picture and also the beam on the ceiling would also not be in line with the TV lol.

• Patrina
    hace 4 años

love that beautiful TV unit. I also prefer option two😁

• rinked
    hace 4 años

• minipie
    hace 4 años

Ah hadn’t realised the TV is fixed.

Can you move the cabinets even further to the right so that the tv is centred over the central cabinet? It doesn’t matter if that leaves a gap to the left and virtually no gap to the right, imo, you can fill the gap with a faux plant or similar.

If not, I’d probably stick with option 2 as otherwise the non centring would drive me a bit crazy.

• E D
    hace 4 años

I like both options but have a slight preference for option 1.

It makes your sideboard quite substantial and seems to give the room a more industrial flavour.

• PRO
    Wise Owl Interiors
    hace 4 años

I prefer option 2 it makes the space look more open and centres the room. When designing you have to have a centre point that the eye is drawn to and option 1 offsets this. I would say go with option 2

• clarekelly2002
    hace 4 años

1!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.