webuser_553388542

Will it interrupt flow to bring corner upper cabinet down to counter?

Jen Jen
hace 4 años

I have an L shaped kitchen. I don't have a lot of upper wall space because I added too many windows. I was thinking of bringing a upper corner down to counter, but I am afraid it will beak the flow too much. Any suggestions?

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
    hace 4 años

Can you post with a picture please?

Jen Jen agradeció a KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
  • Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

It is empty right now.

• cpartist
    hace 4 años

Post your floor plan. And I'm assuming you made all your lowers drawers so you'll have plenty of storage?

Jen Jen agradeció a cpartist
  • Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I will have a prep sink on an island also.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

Why would you put any cabinet sitting on the counter IMO it gains you nothing and as mentioned if all the lowers are drawers you will have plenty of accessible storage.

Jen Jen agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

It looks cool and I don't have any other floor to ceiling cabinets. Just an idea...

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Since the island will be your primary prep space, then it's not as bad, but it will still be in the secondary prep space. I'd switch the DW to other side of the clean-up sink, so that it's not in the secondary prep space, too, which will make it easier for helpers. At what spot on the island are you planning to have the prep sink? How wide is the aisle?

Jen Jen agradeció a mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • Jen Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I have been thinking about that, but not sure about drain. I am putting island prep sink 10" in at corner between Fridge, sink, and range. Four feet is what I will have for walkway.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    hace 4 años

You might consider moving the prep sink over, so you can prep to the left, closer to the range, and also because that will leave a clear space on the island to drop groceries to be loaded to the fridge:

Jen Jen agradeció a mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • suezbell
    hace 2 años

Wouldn't bring the corner cabinet all the way down to the countertop but you might consider a single corner shelf below your corner cabinet but not as deep as the corner cabinet.

Also, you can get more storage if your overhead corner cabinet is a triangle and its front angled and it will be easier to reach items on the front of the diagonal shelf.

Reaching over a base cabinet -- standard or diagonal -- to reach the overhead corner cabinet without the cabinet being the deeper diagonal front shelf can be difficult.

If you can make both corner cabinets -- overhead and base -- angled, that could provide more storage but an angled bottom cabinet will be more to reach over to retrieve items from the upper corner cabinet.

A large diagonal corner cabinet, upper or lower, can be a good place to store countertop appliances that will not fit on traditional shelves such as to keep your limited countertop place clear of small appliances when you're not using them.

https://kitchencabinetkings.com/glossary/wall-diagonal-corner-cabinet/

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kitchen-Classics-30-in-x-24-in-x-12-in-Oak-Corner-Kitchen-Wall-Cabinet/3306680?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--kab--google--lia----stockcabinets--3306680-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxtHryL_g8AIVFIdbCh02TwVoEAkYBCABEgJMgvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.