Houzz Logo Print
barbaradickie

Nervous painter

barbaradickie
hace 4 años

Need advice to update fireplace. Tempted to paint the surround white

but don’t know if this would work and I wouldn’t be able to reverse my decision. Both insert and surround are original.

Comentarios (13)

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

I would paint it if it was mine. Fireplaces just seem to look more elegant if painted. You could paint it classic white or a colour to go with the rest of the room. They also look very smart in a dark grey. Use a good eggshell or Satinwood paint after sanding lightly and applying a primer. Mine is painted in simple Dulux Satinwood in brilliant white and I think it looks a lot smarter than the original pine B&Q buy! Here’s some ideas for you:

My fire surround

Sorry it’s not letting me upload any more photos. I’ll try on a separate comment.

• rinked
    hace 4 años

I actually like it as is. :)

• PRO
    Louise Booyens Interiors
    hace 4 años

I agree with Sonia's reply. If it was mine, I would definitely paint it. White always looks good, but a colour to match the wall or even the same colour as the wall could look beautiful.

• Carolina
    hace 4 años

Does this help?

• E D
    hace 4 años

Did you use masking tape, C? 😁

• Carolina
    hace 4 años

Never! Steady hand is all you need 😉

• PRO
    We Love Build
    hace 4 años

yep repaint!

• PRO
    Wise Owl Interiors
    hace 4 años

Repainting will look fab! Depending on your colour scheme of the room I would repaint in one of those colours to create a fresh look

• barbaradickie
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks to all for their valuable advice. Was almost convinced to paint the surround white but not so sure when I viewed Carolina’s brilliant post, most helpful. Decisions, decision, decisions.

• Carolina
    hace 4 años

If you could take a photo from further away, so we can see the room, it'll be easier for us to see the context of the colour of the fireplace, if that makes sense?

• barbaradickie
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Photo taken further away as Carolina suggested

• barbaradickie
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks Carolina for taking the time on my query, stay well, , stay safe. Barbara

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.