Houzz Logo Print
reham_arnaout

Should bathroom floor be dark or lighter than walls

Reham Arnaout
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi everyone, please need your advice on this.. We want to put these two tiles in our bathroom but the problem is we don't know which one is better dark floor and light wall or light wall and dark floor.Also, we have an idea in putting the floor and behind the shower wall dark and the rest of the wall is light.Also, the bathroom is place in a room with a stairs to the second floor. I'm wondering if we made the floor dark will it look nice with the stairs light tiles because there is no dark tiles for the stairs.Thank you

Comentarios (9)

• Kate
    hace 4 años

Dark floor light walls is typical rule. I have run mid grey floor tiles Up one wall in my new bathroom . Love it. Added a timber vanity, with white stone top, for warmth.

• Reham Arnaout
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you kate for the reply. It looks very nice. What about the dust, foot marks etc. Does it shows.

Our tiles are matte will it show these things?

• dreamer
    hace 4 años

Dark floor tile, light walls. Light floors show more dirt,hair in bathroom than dark floors.

• dreamer
    hace 4 años

Matt tiles are better than shiny glossy ones. Show less marks, and are not slippery.

• dreamer
    hace 4 años

Being an overseas property, I'm assuming your whole house is tiles. It may be nice to mix it up with a lighter tile on the stairs.

• Reham Arnaout
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank for the reply. Not actually we are making the whole house wooden floor and just the bathroom with that room will be tiles.

• PRO
    Style Precinct Interior Design & Decoration
    hace 4 años

Hi Reham Arnaout

Generally the darker tile is better on the floor for the reasons mentioned above (not show the dirt etc.) and because it has more visual weight to 'ground' the room. Think about the natural light the space receives- too much dark tile on the walls will make the space dark and gloomy. Some light wall surfaces will help brighten the space.

Best wishes

2 Modern Contemporary Townhouses · Más información

2 Modern Contemporary Townhouses · Más información

• Kate
    hace 4 años

Main thing is don’t use white grout on floors or in shower as it will go brown with age. Use silver or grey grout with your tiles. Your grey tile has enough colour variation to hide water marks.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.