Houzz Logo Print
fkarawi

Need honest opinion about curtains

F K
hace 4 años

I am in the process of finishing the reception area in my house and just put the curtains today. And i am second guessing myself and so overwhelmed because i feel that they do not go along my furniture at all, specially on the dining room area. They have a green undertone i didn’t expect, and feel they class with the light chairs in the dining room, and the gold color. I was thinking of adding another curtain panels on the sides lighter in color in order to make everything more cohesive. What do you think?

Comentarios (26)

• PRO
    Barnes Custom Builders
    hace 4 años

I don't mind them. They may not be photographing true to color...but all in all i think they go. I would not be opposed to adding in the lighter zebra print as well.

Or I wonder how it would look if you added a lighter color behind them in a similar material.

F K agradeció a Barnes Custom Builders
  • shadylady2u
    hace 4 años

I think the sheers need to be lighter and they also need to be fuller. If you added panels to the side, they'd look better if they were darker rather than lighter.

F K agradeció a shadylady2u
  • F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

The zebra print is for a couple of cushions for that couch. But i placed it as reference. Maybe sides in a color that would contrast and maybe tone down the curtains? I am not sure. I have second guessed on every single choice i have made in this house 😫

• F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Maybe the panels could be on a coordinating color that wont clash with the dining chairs?

• PRO
    Barnes Custom Builders
    hace 4 años

Just go with your gut and stop second guessing. It looks good so far!

F K agradeció a Barnes Custom Builders
  • F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I do wanna lighten up the sheers but i do not know how. I cant change them anymore. I am hoping to get a rug that has a similar gray to balance all the elements together

• K R
    hace 4 años

I agree they are dark. They remind me of a (nice) hotel room in Vegas. They’re not bad, but I’d go lighter.

F K agradeció a K R
  • F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

They were made to measure, so i cant return them. I need a solution to make them look lighter 😫

• F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks to all of you for your input. I will definitely wait until the whole space is finished and then decide what to do

• Little Bug
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I don‘t mind the drapes really. At my last house I bought some fairly expensive semi sheer grommet-type panels, embroidered cause I needed a bit of privacy. After they were hung, they looked nice but were not private enough. Easily fixed - I hung additional panels behind them, plain sheers. It was easy cause the Sheers were grommeted too, and the doubled panels looked great. You couldn’t even tell.

Anyway, could you hang plain sheers behind yours? Maybe in a lighter color?

F K agradeció a Little Bug
  • ajrmcr
    hace 4 años

I like the drapes alot. I just think it is the wall color that doesn’t work.

F K agradeció a ajrmcr
  • Stacey
    hace 4 años

The drapes are very pretty with your furniture. Wall color and lighting?

F K agradeció a Stacey
  • kristinhallett
    hace 4 años

They hang beautifully.

F K agradeció a kristinhallett
  • lynartist
    hace 4 años

Are these a metallic fabric? I know you probably spent a good deal on these as they are custom and if they are a metallic or shiny fabric it may appear a different color to you when the light hits it at certain times of the day. They will look much different during daytime. I think they are very nice and you may be overthinking it a bit. These kinds of fabrics can have an iridescence to them but that’s the beauty of it. You may not of noticed that from the fabric sample but now that it’s a full wall of drapes it’s very apparent!

F K agradeció a lynartist
  • lynartist
    hace 4 años

Put a white piece of cloth behind your drape and see what it looks like. If it changes the complexion then you might consider having them lined. You will loose the transparent quality of them though!

F K agradeció a lynartist
  • everdebz
    hace 4 años

They're fine, and good neutral.

F K agradeció a everdebz
  • PRO
    Karen Gallagher Interiors
    hace 4 años

What I'm seeing is a lot of neutrals - which is not a bad thing! If you despise the new sheer drapes and money is not object, start over with something lighter- white or off-white. If you are trying to keep within a budget, work with what you have, and here is how:

Keep in mind that 'the eye remembers'... meaning you need to repeat a color or variation of the same color for cohesiveness. I suggest adding a couple accent pieces with a hint of a similar shade of the 'gray green' of the drapes, such as a couple toss pillows, a centerpiece on the table, a lamp, even a plant that has foliage in the same gray-green shade, etc Even though they don't meet the vision you may have originally had in mind, they aren't a complete disaster. They do appear to hang beautifully, which makes me think they are well made.

Hope this helps!

F K agradeció a Karen Gallagher Interiors
  • Yayagal
    hace 4 años

From my point of view, they look fine as they are quiet and in the background. What matters is the room in its entirety, so proceed with the hints above and you may be very pleased with your choice.

F K agradeció a Yayagal
  • F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

They are really well made, and in person hang beautifully. As a previous poster said, they do have a metallic sheen to it that makes them more like a taupe color when light hits in the right spot. I would have preferred to go with a lighter color, but i think with all of your suggestions i can make them work in the room. I have a travertine marble center table that actually matches them, so that is a start :)

• F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

This an update on how we have furnished the room. We added some rugs to the space. (We placed the travertine top over a table so you have an idea of how it is going to look. I think the curtains blend somehow now. I am in doubt about the rugs though. Is it ok if i place one of them under the couches, while the second one it is not ?
    Thank you in advance for all of your help

• F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Update

• ashtonchic
    hace 4 años

Looks like second rug is smaller. I would either pull chairs up to be on rug or get larger one. Room looks very elegant. Good job!

• F K
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yes the rug near the gray armchair is smaller, couldn’t find the same size as the other one. I was thinking of moving the furniture closer to the rug so the size difference is not that noticeable, but i am not sure if it will work.

• ashtonchic
    hace 4 años

I would try switching the rugs, And pull the couches and chairs in a little closer.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 4 años

The sheers are done beautifully. I would create more cozy look with grouping of furniture with chairs. Put the smaller rug there and turn it lengthwise along sofa with front legs of sofa on the rug. Pull chairs closer but not overlapping arms of sofa. Do you plan a large painting behind sofa on that wall? If so, you might want to reorient furniture then. I don’t know what country you are in so there might be cultural norms you are sensitive to? Overall, you have spent a good deal of money here. Might be worth hiring a designer to help you finalize finishing touches and give you confidence and reassurance. Some pillows the color of your drapes will help integrate that color. Some pretty, softer arrangements on the coffee tables would enhance look. Going to be beautiful. Relax!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.