Houzz Logo Print
webuser_978440290

Oh Cambria Oh Cambria why is your sample so different

Wayne Emerson
hace 4 años

We are close to pulling the trigger on over 8K of Cambria countertops in Montgomery. The dealer samples we borrowed are nearly identical. The sample we bought - umm not so much. So what would we wind up with - What the dealer (and website show) or the in our opinion - weaker version?

Comentarios (9)

• MizLizzie
    hace 4 años

What cpartist said. You MUST pick your slab with almost all Cambria. I have never had any issues doing so. Some folks here will tell you it isn’t done. I got a mediocre job with a badly templated slab once. Once. Never again. I go to the warehouse now — in my area that’s Marva. Depends where you live, and which distributor your fabricator pulls from. If you cannot do this, and if you cannot see the templating, my advice is move on.

• MizLizzie
    hace 4 años

Also, I have used Montgomery and toted around many 12” samples. I have seen patches of that low-intensity version you have, but small patches. Your more intensely veined sample is more like every other slab of Montgomery I have seen. Which is maybe 6, tops. But still.

Wayne Emerson agradeció a MizLizzie
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 4 años

Just because quartz is man made doesn’t mean that all slabs are exactly the same, or the same as a sample. You MUST OF go to the stone yard and view them in person, just as you would with natural stone.

• chispa
    hace 4 años

Might be the light and/or photos, but those samples are looking very pink/pastel.

• K R
    hace 4 años

Agree with others! We went to see our slab before our fabricator went to work. We could have returned it if we didn’t like it.

• PRO
    Morningstar Stone & Tile
    hace 4 años

When it comes to quartz must fabricators do not have a full line of full slabs on display. There are many reasons for this, one being cost. With any quartz material, you are purchasing it based on color and pattern consistency. I do agree that your two samples are very different. If you can find a fabricator that carries full slabs, fantastic. But if you cannot, then I would ask them for a couple more samples of the same material so you can check color. Good luck.

Wayne Emerson agradeció a Morningstar Stone & Tile
  • CD
    hace 3 años

The Cambria in Seattle, WA won’t let you select your slabs from their warehouse. They assured us that there won’t be any variance in them, so they can only be delivered to the fabricator. At that point, I would have to see what is sent to the fabricator and if there’s a defect then we could send it back.

They will let you “preview” a full slab in their warehouse just to see how it looks. I find it absurd that they don’t let buyers select the slabs.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años

Yeah, a woman with an armful of cabinet and floor samples who couldn't find a sitter traipsing through a warehouse full of forklifts and overhead cranes. Just what Cambria needs. Let's talk about absurdity.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.