Houzz Logo Print
webuser_14605313

Best/favorite undermount stainless steel sink?

D. B.
hace 4 años

When we moved in, our kitchen. sink already had a ton of dings from contractors doing work. And it fees tinny to me. However, I’m told it’s a good brand - Elkay.
What brand/steel gauge would your recommend for a replacement? Interested in a feeling of solidity and durability. Thanks!

Comentarios (11)

• cat_mom
    hace 4 años

Our sink is a Julien, 16 gauge SS. It’s nice and solid, not tinny in the least. We are very happy with it (was installed in spring 2007).

My parents are having a house built in a development, and the builder will be installing a Dakota Signature series sink in 16 gauge SS. I have no idea how good the sinks are, but I had called them with some questions, and the woman on the phone was super nice, and very helpful.

• vinmarks
    hace 4 años

My cleanup sink and prep sink are both Kraus 16 gauge. Very happy with them.

• darbuka
    hace 4 años

Franke main sink, Kraus bar/prep sink. Both are great. 16 gauge.

• sushipup1
    hace 4 años

Kraus

• Shannon_WI
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Please provide a budget. Any minute there will a couple posters popping up on here telling you that Rachiele sinks are the only sinks to get (they are not). They pop up like prairie dogs from the sand whenever they see the word "sink" in a post. And those sinks cost a couple thousands, to start. I recommend Kraus sinks because they are a lot of bang for the buck, and have such great reviews on this forum and elsewhere.

You want a 16-gauge sink. Some people think an 18 gauge (thinner) sink is fine, but I agree with you about the tinny sound and feel. But since you can get a 16-gauge sink with Kraus for a reasonable price, there is no reason to get an 18-gauge one. Elkay sinks are actually a very good brand, but they do sell builders special sinks that are 20-gauge (which is probably what you have), while their finer 16-gauge sinks are expensive. I also recommend a rectangular single-bowl. What width sink are you looking for?

• hemina
    hace 4 años

We have 2 Kraus sinks and I love them. My main sink as close to the straight,0-radius corners you can get without being super annoying to clean.

• salonva
    hace 4 años

So, is it correct to say 16 should be what we look for? (I am not the original poster but still interested). I will soon be in the market for a new sink.

I did get one in my last house,pretty sure it was Artisan which at the time, houzz people were all raving about. I can't remember much more.

• pcze77
    hace 3 años

I am considering a stainless Karran sink the EL 75 under mount. Has anyone used this brand and how does it hold up over time? How is it for sound dampening? Thank you!

• salonva
    hace 3 años

I do not know Karran but I did end up getting a Kraus and am pleased.

• 101newkitchen101
    hace 3 años

Great post! I'm in the market too! I see the Kraus 16 gauge recommended a lot, but many of the reviews show staining, unreasonable scratching, and pitting. Are any of you experiencing this with yours?

https://www.amazon.com/Kraus-Standart-Undermount-Stainless-KHU100-32/dp/B0032C5YGI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.