Houzz Logo Print
emoriarty12

In-line high ranch- blowing our main level and dormer attic

Liza
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi! I have an in-line high ranch where it runs front to back not side to side. we have about 1300 square feet upstairs but that includes three bedrooms bathroom kitchen living and dining room. We were thinking of knocking down two bedrooms up here/walls (in the left side and back room) in order to open the main level up, giving us more use of the square footage living space. We would use the open space as our family room and then dormer the attic where we would be putting the two bedrooms we lost up there. (Approx 3-400 square feet) Was wondering if anyone has seen this before or what a project like this would cost?

Comentarios (8)

• User
    hace 4 años

It would cost a LOT. To be honest, this doesn't look like the type of house I would be dumping tons of money into.

• User
    hace 4 años

Hundreds of thousands to several hundreds of thousands.

• PRO
    Beautiful Space Co
    hace 4 años

Liza, unfortunately you're not going to get anything worthwhile in terms of specifics unless that person lives near you and has done something very similar. However, you have a few other options to consider: Contact your local building department to see what your zoning allows; check the neighborhood comps for whether others have done similar additions, and what they've sold for. Consult with a GC with experience in building additions in your city and ask if they can give you a general budget-range for a project like yours. Even an approximate budget can be helpful in deciding whether or not its worth hiring an enginner for the site evaluations. We're in AZ and site visits with verbal consultations run around $500-$750 fwiw.

• Liza
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I gusss I was looking to see if anyone has ever restructured a home like this or something similar vs cost to be honest.

• PRO
    Beautiful Space Co
    hace 4 años

Liza, I'm sure someone has, but as Tatts commented, their cost would probably have no relevance to yours unless it was built recently and in your neighborhood.

• Liza
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you!!

• Jess Med
    hace 2 años

I just got a quote to rearrange the first floor of my ranch and add an additional second floor (appx 1,100 sq feet) for $300,000-350,000. Our situation is slightly different since they will be demoing the attic and adding the bedrooms upstairs but would imagine your project would only be slightly lower in cost

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.