Houzz Logo Print
webuser_153176105

Help! Don’t know where to install a garage

Yenny Jen
hace 4 años

Hi. As you can see my front door is facing the side, my driveway if too far from the door. so we want to add a garage but for example, if I put it in front of the house I think it will look weird just seeing a garage instead of a house. if we decide to put in in the side we will need to remove this beautiful apple tree and it will still be far from my front door. help!!

Comentarios (9)

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

You can transplant smaller trees -- even some this size -- in the coldest part of winter. Talk with a local landscaping pro.

• Yenny Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thabk you. no. there’s not enough space to put it in front of the front door. the lot it’s weird. It is so big in front but it Is in like a triangle. my back yard ends in a triangle :/

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

Could you draw your lot with house on it to scale?

• Yenny Jen
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Not sure how! this is my first day here

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Draw it on paper (dark pen) and scan it into your computer, then post it here. See about moving the apple tree out in front of that blank area of the house left of the window. Then put the garage on the right. Use a pergola to lead people down the side of the garage to the entry kind of like this...

Healdsburg Residence · Más información

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

Can you fit one on the lot with the proper easment that will be the first thing to check out.

• chiflipper
    hace 4 años

Be very careful here, the cost of the garage (if feasible) vs reasonable recoup of investment when you sell.

• PRO
    Beautiful Space Co
    hace 4 años

Yenny, if you haven't already, contact your local building department asap to find out what your building setbacks are. (Or check on-line at the county assessors website) You'll need to start with those restrictions *first* before planning where the garage would go or you could waste a lot time.

Once you have that information, considering hiring an architect, building designer, or design-build company for an in-home consultation. With the right person, their experience would be invaluable in determining the best location for the garage: it needs to be visually pleasing, follow the continuity of the existing home, and be functionally well located, none of that happens by accident. Also, if you're serious about doing the project you'll need one of the above for the construction drawings, better to start the process with them and avoid wasted time and frustration.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.