Houzz Logo Print
pollykailla

How to finish the fireplace?

pollykailla
hace 10 años
We have a large wall in our living room (14 wide and vaulted to 13 high at the peak). The fireplace is flush with the wall. I am not sure as to what material to finish the wall with. Stone veneer just to build it out? How wide would i do the stone? Or just finish with paint?

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    CW Design Group, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    If you like contemporary, I would keep the opening, wrap with a stone on all sides and do a large mantel most or all the way across. Then you can place a tv, and mantel items/photos on either side. Or if you want stone, you can just face it about 5-6' wide(depending on the opening size) and go up all the way for a dramatic focal point with an area or niche for a tv, or you can stop the stone at mantel height. I think the space looks like it needs a vertical element with the proportions of the space.
    pollykailla agradeció a CW Design Group, Inc.
  • felizlady
    hace 10 años
    An important consideration is the fuel for your fires. If you will burn wood, you must have a tile or stone hearth and a screen. If you will be using only a gas insert, you still need a screen of some sort. Any wood mantel or frame needs to be at least a foot from the top or sides of the firebox. You could add a raised hearth and cover it with the same fireproof material. The style should be compatible with your style and neutral in color.
    pollykailla agradeció a felizlady
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.