Houzz Logo Print
ddemmin

Driveway and entryway/porch update question

David
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

We are looking to redo our driveway and front porch area replacing the asphalt with concrete.

Our first goal is to widen the driveway on the left side (highlighted in yellow) so there is better space to walk to the front door when there are two cars parked in the driveway (often).

Second we want to improve the front porch/entry way but are having a hard time with ideas due to all of the angles. The garage has about a 45 degree angle from the rest of the house and the driveway is yet a different angle.

We are planning on removing the tile and replacing with plain or tinted concrete or some sort of stone/flagstone. Likewise we are looking for new front doors. The post/column in the close up picture is a mock up of a potential post and beam placement as one idea.

We are hoping for more of a straight lined solution rather than any circular elements. We are looking to remove some of the slanted wood trim and simplify the look.

We would love any design input or ideas.

Comentarios (6)

• David
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I am having issues with uploading the pictures. I am going to do several comments.

Thanks for the input. I assume by filigree trim you mean the white 1x6 boards on the stucco wall and the 2x6 cross beam and supports under the garage window.

Here are the first of the pictures. I am happy to take more or different angles.

• David
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

• PRO
    Omega Brick & Landscaping
    hace 4 años

You may try doing something similar to the attached picture. We eliminated the gardens and small walkway and turned the front entry into a paver courtyard. Additionally, we created a paver apron in front of the garage, tying the two areas together.

• David
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

<end>

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    hace 4 años

More than the typical project that makes it here, this one needs to be explored in PLAN view. Because of the angles and tight photographic conditions, perspective drawings can be misleading. Ideas about paving and planting would be much more clear, and complete, in plan view. For that, you'd need to start with a base plan that shows all the existing features that would remain, and none that are subject to changing. Meanwhile...

I would get rid of the trim and shelf around the garage and the Tudor trim and shelf at the back part of the house.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.