Houzz Logo Print
webuser_748667255

Deciding between 2 Coretec LVP floors.

Jen B.
hace 4 años

Hi! We are planning to install LVP throughout our new home. I'm looking for a natural oak but want something warm and not too busy. I want to see some knots and a little variation to give a more realistic look. I thought Calypso Oak by Coretec was the one but I prefer longer planks and more knots. I discovered Coretec Ravenwood. It's 9 inches wide and 72 inches long. When I got the sample I thought it was the one but I worry it's too light or too red (the undertone is a reddish pink). There are no install pictures online so I'm nervous. It looks very white and washed out in some lighting. Also, not sure if the two boards I received are similar or if all the boards have the same grain pattern. It would bother me if the boards all looked the same with the big "swirl" (can't think of what it's called) down the middle.
I randomly came across Coretec Colorwall. No one has really heard of it and only and few stores carry it. It's the same material (thickness, etc. as Calypso Oak). I loved the color Sweet and the style Timeless Luxury. I thought this was definitely the one but in some lighting it looks super yellow. Again, no install pictures and I'm worried when it's all laid out that it will be the wrong shade. I plan to paint the walls white and have navy accent furniture/pillows. I also plan to paint the kitchen island BM Hale Navy.
I would really appreciate any advice on which color will give the look I'm going for. I'll post a bunch of pics of the floor samples in different lighting. #1 is Sweet and #2 is Ravenwood. Thank you so much to anyone that takes the time to read this and give advice!

Comentarios (105)

• livingnature
    hace 2 años

I went with Ravenswood Oak and I love it. House under construction so messy pics! The color differs so much depending on time of day— also my camera doesn’t quite capture it. Will post daytime pics soon

• Usuario de Houzz-258209120
    hace 2 años

Has anyone installed Cortec Bastion Elm? Are the color variations strippy or subtle?

Please post pics if you have any!

• susan mallory
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I am looking for the French country white oak look and think Coretec Madrid Oak and Valor Oak meet that criteria, has anyone installed either? I am leaning to Valor Oak.

• Amanda Lloyd
    hace 2 años

I am wondering if anyone thinks ravenswood oak looks gray. I want to stay away from anything gray. I am currently stuck on my decision between ravenswood, calypso, and grande lotte oak.

• nancyplank
    hace 2 años

Did you know there is a private group on facebook…lvp flooring options that you can join and there are lots of pictures and info

It really helped me.

• livingnature
    hace 2 años

I don’t think Ravenswood Oak is grey but it is definitely cooler than calypso oak. If you’re looking for warmth between the two I’d go for calypso oak

• dunnam
    hace 2 años

I don’t think it’s gray. Just had it installed and love it! I was going between calypso and ravenswood. So glad I went with Ravenswood! Pictures make it look more gray than it is in person.

• Mary
    hace 2 años

Dunnam: beautiful! What color are your walls? I agree, they don’t look gray in your home at all.

• dunnam
    hace 2 años

Hi Mary! They are SW alabaster

• Mary
    hace 2 años

Really pretty selections. Love it! And thank you for the response 😊

• Lizzie Jones
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Beautiful. im thinking of getting the same. What color cabinet stain did you select?

• susan mallory
    hace 2 años

I appreciate the pictures of Ravenswood. I chose that and am having it installed in my entire home in December so will post pictures once complete, I was going for French Oak and feel it meets my criteria, I do like a bit of grey.

• livingnature
    hace 2 años

Ravenswood Oak— it looks very different depending on the light. I’m so happy with it

• livingnature
    hace 2 años

It looks lighter in real life

• susan mallory
    hace 2 años

I think I made the right choice, no going back now! Thanks for sharing

• JD
    hace 2 años

Here are some more pictures of Ravenswood. I think it pulls more pink than gray so green balances that out a bit. They are pretty light. They do look very different in different lights. I think if you want all white walls, Calypso may be the way to go...

• Mike Cole
    hace 2 años

I did the Calypso Oak….it’s a great product

• Mike Cole
    hace 2 años

Forgot the pics….

• Wanda Reeb
    hace 2 años

Since painting SW Alabaster on the walls, new blinds and new sofa. Everything looks different. Changed to Coretec Bedford oak. It seemed to look better next to the tile in the bathrooms where it would meet in the doorways. Had to consider that also. Not replacing the tile. Now am second guessing. Doing the whole house except the bathrooms. Already ordered. Hope it will be ok. Does anyone have Bedford oak or pictures. Would appreciate any pictures. Did not want gray and it didn't seem to have gray in it.

• Sathwik Reddy
    el último año

@dunnam@livingnature

I am planning to go with Ravenswood oak. Could you please confirm the color code, 2091 A or 2091. I have found 2 products with minor differences.

1. Cortec Pro Plus Enhanced HD - VV488-2091A - 9*72*5.2 mm

2. Cortec pro plus HD - - VV488-2091 - 9.06*72.83*5.2 mm

Thanks in advance

• livingnature
    el último año

I’m pretty sure I ordered the 2091 A. I got it from the online retailer Green Flooring Supply

• Elena Khasat
    el último año

Wanda reeb- do you have pictures of the Bedford Oak? We are deciding between the ravenswood and Bedford

• Usuario de Houzz-296944320427925
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

This thread has been most helpful! We are also choosing lvp for pur kitchen/living area and are between calypso and ravenswood. The pics in homes are so helpful. can i ask where to find the best deal on either of these products? Our local flooring companies have it listed quite high (like $10/sq ft and that doesn't include installation). does anyone have a box of either that they would like to sell me?

• livingnature
    el último año

We got ours from Green Flooring Supply and it was under $5/sq ft.

• Pilar Puerto
    hace 12 meses

Has anyone done the Coretec Ravenswood on stairs? If so, pictures? Are they slippery? I’m debating between the Coretec vs carpet because I’m clumsy

• livingnature
    hace 10 meses

I’ve got Ravenswood on my stairs and not slippery at all. I was worried about that too but it’s textured which gives it grip

• PRO
    Chelsea Brown
    hace 7 meses

@livingnature what color are your walls?

• livingnature
    hace 7 meses

Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace

• dldigi
    hace 6 meses

Anyone on this thread have any issues with the Ravenswood Oak lifting? We used an underlayment as recommended but having issues with it lifting. Trying to figure out if it’s the product or installation

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

Yes, shifting,lifting and cracking— the installer did a terrible job and from the beginning there were major issues

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

LVP is not very forgiving if there are variations in the floor

• dldigi
    hace 6 meses

So is it installation or the actual product! They were supposed to level the floors as they were laying it

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

Are they buckling? Even if laid correctly the planks can shift.

• dunnam
    hace 6 meses

Yes! we just had the company that installed it out (again) and he said this floor has been a problem! Thinks we can get it replaced as he has seen so many issues with it. He said someone from the floor manufacturer will contact me soon to inspect it…

• btydrvn
    hace 6 meses

In our experience the LVP was very forgiving..settled in..on a varying concrete surface in a short time…we chose Cortec for it’s realistic woodgrain pattern..and purchased top of the line to get the more textured finish over the cheaper smoother version…no shifting, lifting..and pretty indestructible for 20 years now…

• dldigi
    hace 6 meses

livingnature and dunnam did you file a claim with Cortec? Both my
    daughter and I have the same installer and the Ravenswood Oak and the
    planks are sinking (soft when you walk on them) and now you can lift
    them. How long after installation was completed did you guys start to
    have issues?

• dunnam
    hace 6 meses

Jen B. I am in the process now of filing my claim. I having someone from coretec (or Shaw) coming to look at them. We are having the exact same issues! They have already replaced 5 boards but they are still coming apart and you can lift them. The flooring co. that installed them said this floor was made incorrectly . He has a lot of people getting them replaced. We had them installed 2022

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

That’s good to know— I’ll call them

• dunnam
    hace 6 meses

I was told it’s better now and they worked through the issues. There was a batch a while back that was “third shift made” …? I don’t know what to believe. My sister had coretec but a different color and she has had no issues. They tell me it was just this batch and it’s better now …

• dunnam
    hace 6 meses

If I were to do it again I would to engineered hard wood if it’s in the budget

• dldigi
    hace 6 meses

We just recently ordered ours and it was laid about eight weeks ago. Not sure when they worked out. The problem is but it wasn’t on my batch

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

I’m mixed— I love that it’s waterproof and love the way it looks but it’s not holding up that well in places. I still think I’d choose it again for the convenience

• dldigi
    hace 6 meses

So livingnature are you also going to file a claim? Is it lifting that are your issues? Sounds like it’s only in certain areas. I love the way it looks and I am hoping I don’t have to change to something else. Not sure what the warranty covers.

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

I spoke to the manufacturer and I’m planning on filing a claim with the company I bought it from but I suspect that it was probably the installers fault. It’s mostly having problems in areas where the floors aren’t even although there’s been some separation in flat areas

• livingnature
    hace 6 meses

Some of the bounce which has resulted in cracking was there from day 1

• DJ H
    hace 6 meses

We heard the SPC, not the WPC had issues. We are thinking of going with Grande Makkah Oak 30mil. My son has had it in his house for a couple of years and hasn't had any issues. We heard if you can afford it the 30mil and WPC is the way to go.

• Usuario de Houzz-105428228
    hace 23 días

How is everyone's Ravenswood Oak holding up?

• dldigi
    hace 22 días

No too good...did you install? dunnam and livingnature were having issues..did you get things resolved?

• Alyssa Gardner
    hace 5 días

Does anyone have Hemphill Oak?? I'd love to see photos!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.