Houzz Logo Print
pugmomma3

Need help with pillows for my sunroom

P O
hace 4 años

I need new decorative pillows for my sunroom. Thinking blue and red/orange/brick/terra-cotta colors. Do you like any of these?

Comentarios (42)

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

"Everyone should have one of these." ;)

Log Pillow - Lycra · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/products/log-pillow-prvw-vr~14239144

• everdebz
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

this isn't Halloween orange--

Owl Burlap Pillow · Más información

Multicolored Horizontal Stripe on Black Maharam Decorative Lumbar Pillow Cover · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/products/owl-burlap-pillow-prvw-vr~54209447

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Crystal Creek Pillow · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Such contrasts already in the room that I like softer neutrals -

Malus Geometric Pillow Gray 18"x18" · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/products/malus-geometric-pillow-gray-18x18-prvw-vr~41648797

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Beverly I did not request input on my rug. It is there because I obviously like it. You must have missed the question about the pillows.

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

I agree with Beverly, I actually like the green pillows - they bring the outdoors in. Changing the rug seems like a good solution.

• Lidia
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>OMG...does anyone think that some pros might purposely not give good ideas to the non-pro Houzzers they don’t like?
  • P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

No I think the pro just has horrible taste. And if she was a “real” pro she wouldn’t be harassing people like me on Houzz who are looking for good advice from people with TASTE.

• roarah
    hace 4 años

I like your green pillows too because your color scheme reminds me of terra cotta potted plants. I think maybe an orange pillow thrown in the mix of what you have now plus adding lots of terra cotta potted plants around the room could tie your rugs, floor and pillows together very nicely.

• Lidia
    hace 4 años

Hey P, I totally know how you feel!

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

Lidia, I'm unsure why pros would give bad ideas intentionally, it is their reputation on the line....

• Lidia
    hace 4 años

Dawn, it was a tongue in cheek comment. If the pros feel they can be down right snarky and not actually follow directions (answer the OPs question) then entertaining the thought they’d give bad advice on purpose would be the next assumption. Taste is subjective. One might have great taste in their life and lose it, or not have it most of their life and acquire it. Just because someone has “pro” next to their name, doesn’t always mean they’re actually successful, good or have taste.

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you Lydia. Dawn I think any “pro” who wishes to have a good reputation would not be bullying the community on here who are just looking for some advice for the questions they have asked not to get opinions on other aspects of their rooms or their homes that they did not ask for. I recently worked with a very high end designer through Crate and Barrel and she was very respectful and understood my likes and dislikes and we worked with what I already had existing. In my opinion that’s what a good designer does. Not everyone in Houzz can just throw out every rug etc bc someone tells them to. Also I just bought the rug at West Elm and my husband and I like it very much!

• imsuzz
    hace 4 años

I like the green pillows. i would keep them and pull in some blue pillows as well to match the blue in the blue and green flower pillow. Maybe add a blue pot òr other blue accent pieces.

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

P I wish you the best in your sunroom design mission. I take in the comments that help, and leave the ones that don't. Again, I actually really like your green pillows they are very pretty and tie in the outdoors, bringing that into your sunroom. Best of luck and Happy Holidays.

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

Really like that owl pillow and log pillow. If those or some other particularly interesting pillow catches your eye, then choose solid colors from it or pillows with a pair of the solid colors from it for your other cushions.

Also, do consider tube cushions that might double as an armrest.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tube+pillows&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixhemZ0c_mAhXTVs0KHWDXDaQQ_AUoA3oECBAQBQ&biw=1326&bih=617#spf=1577236876451

• tedbixby
    hace 4 años

I see where you are going with the colors you are considering for new pillows. You might want to consider something with black in the pattern to carry the black from the furniture. Something like this that would pull the colors from your, furniture, cushions, rug and flooring all together.

Orange Pillow Orange Decorative Pillow Navy Orange Cream | Etsy · Más información

• tedbixby
    hace 4 años

Something like these could be fun.

Kathi Lined Cotton Throw Pillow | AllModern · Más información

Kathi Lined Cotton Throw Pillow | AllModern · Más información

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Ordered these and will show pics once set up!! Also the furniture is actually a very dark brown not black!

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Going for a more boho earthy look than beach/springy look with the white and green pillows. This is actually outdoor furniture that we weren’t making enough use of so brought it indoors and that’s why I’m changing out the pillows. What I liked for outdoors doesn’t go as well with my indoor decor.

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

oh espresso nice dark... I like the textured one you just posted.

• quirkycabin
    hace 4 años

I like your rug and I love the floor. You may want to incorporate a bit of a deep coral for your pillows. Coral looks beautiful with dark brown and will also tie in the floor color. Love your wicker furniture. I have used many pieces through out my home and there is something "comforting" about it. The best thing is you can bring home many alternatives, try the ones you like and return those which don't work.

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

Love the bungalow loft pillow in rust/red looking forward to the finished space with the new pillows!

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you! I love the idea of j corporations coral pillows too!!

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Incorporating

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

New pillows! After i placed the order TJ max sent me an email that the fun orange and get one was sold out!

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Do you like the green also added in?

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    hace 4 años

This might inspire you.

Southampton Modern Farmhouse · Más información

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

I think I might add more pillows that pick up the rust, it's pretty...something like this?

• sherry52
    hace 4 años

Not on point, but what about having the settee or chairs face the windows? It would be nice to view the backyard or garden or look at the birds.

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Dawn, in a way if you're adding a couple blue you might as well add green... but the rust and natural colors alone would be ok, especially with the rug.... ?

• salonva
    hace 4 años

I think Sherry's idea of facing the garden is a great idea!

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Adding this piece of art to the empty wall.

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

New art!

• st5330
    hace 4 años

i like the green. maybe get a green and orang pillow?

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Acrylic... how did the house appear? I think you're enjoying this. Brown rattan and warm tiles, and contemporary [?] art and it's layered nicely. Imo, the bright green stripes are too much.

• sherry52
    hace 4 años

Nice art.

• P O
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I took away the bright green stripes

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Green's gone..... don't tell me house was a very good reflection.

• KATHY
    hace 4 años

Oh I only saw original pix. Use color accessories to tie the room together. You can see in the first picture how the colors cut the room in half. By adding some of the terra-cotta in the medium level with pillows and accessories on table, and again up higher hanging pot/plant, and a large planter outside. Then balance the green with large tall green ceramic vase on floor in the foreground with those terra-cotta colors in an arrangement (grasses). It makes for a better flow. I LOVE those green pillows.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.