Houzz Logo Print
pwoodford

Can you tell me the paint brand and color of the island? Love!

Duncan Woodford
hace 4 años

Love the island! What is the paint brand and color?

Project Valley Heights, Kitchen & Main Floor · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Arnal Photography
    hace 4 años

As the photographer, I don’t have that information.

Here’s the thing. A photo will rarely be identical to the colour on an actual surface.

Things like ambient light and auxiliary lighting being a perfect match is a factor. I can’t tell you how many colour temperatures I have to manage from chandeliers, pendants, under cabinet lighting, hood fan lights and even stray light from other rooms, each often different from the other. There are sometimes reflected hues from surrounding decor that can affect colour. Even within a space, colour can vary from one area to another, affected by the lighting and surrounding decor.

Then there’s whether your monitor is perfectly colour matched.

There are about a dozen other factors, like if you sample from a highlight or a shadow... or somewhere in the middle... that will affect how a colour renders. The time of day when the photo was taken can make a big difference. Was it cloudy or sunny when the photo was taken? Is there a brick wall or paint on the neighbour’s house reflecting its colour into the space? Even the batch within a production run can vary from one to another.

Then, because of all of those factors and the way your space is lit and what casts there may be from your decor and whether you have trees near your house (which make everything slightly green in tone) or if the neighbour is landscaping and has dirt as their “lawn”, or if the landscape is snow covered will all change the colour in your space.

The best thing to do is to print the photo as you see it on your monitor. Take it to wherever you’ll be applying it and see how it looks in that environment. If you like it, take that to your favourite paint store and ask them to match it, which they will. That’s really the only way to get exactly (or as close as possible) to the colour you’re seeing in my photo.

I should note that I do my best to work with and manage all of these factors to get the colour as close as I can, but in reality, it will rarely be exactly as it was when it came from the can.

Hope this helps a little.

• Duncan Woodford
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you for the information!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.