Houzz Logo Print
lmhall200055

Can I match these color cabinets with this flooring- or which flooring

lmhall200055
hace 4 años

I do plan on using an alternate color for island (black, cream or lightly off white)...but can these floors work with these cabinets?

Comentarios (21)

• acm
    hace 4 años

In the abstract, sure, but I'd want to see a photo in which a sample of the cabinet finish and a sample of the flooring were together in real space, same lighting, etc. Because if the cabinets run to the warmer end of the possibilities, then you're probably going to feel a mismatch.

• emilyam819
    hace 4 años

I’d say no, the floor is too gray.

Try a floor that has variation in color, with one of the colors being the cabinet color.

And yes you’ll want to see them together.

• tpliska
    hace 4 años

If that's your kitchen in the picture - I love what you have now.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

What?????

• lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

That’s the kitchen I want We are building a house And must pick out all our colors/cabinets/flooring next week...I’m having a hard time finding a wire brushed floor that will work with these cabinets...

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

try looking at the Calif Classics Mediterranean selection. Wire-brushed french oak flooring

http://www.californiaclassicsfloors.com/hardwood-flooring/Mediterranean-hardwood-flooring.aspx

I chose the Granville. (Kerrew is next closest, but is warmer)

you can see it here next to a walnut console.

But take a look at their other shades.

lmhall200055 agradeció a Beth H. :
  • lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

That link is perfect! I found 3-4 in there I love, exactly what I was looking for- I need to have a few picked out before I meet with the decorator rep- I know I am limited to Shaw/Mohawk flooring- may have to see if this manufacturer is a possibility...thanks so much!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

It might be an upgrade. When I was searching, I looked at some of the cheaper options compared to these. (cheaper meaning under the $5 a sq ft price) There is quite a diff. If staying in the house for awhile, it's worth the extra cost for better flooring. 100%. That's not something you want to cut corners on.

I love this flooring. cleans up like dream too. and it's a thicker engineered wood. 5/8" I believe. Look at Provenza too. very, very similar.

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

I think design girl is right. The COLOUR for the floors will be fine (you will have dark tone cabs and medium tone floors = perhaps not enough contrast) but the finish and depth of colour could be a problem.

The last thing you want to create is a "Brown Blah" kitchen (brown on brown on brown with some brown and some brown). After all that money and time, you want a kitchen that offers something interesting to look at. If you have too much tone-on-tone you will end up with a boring kitchen.

• himanshu edward
    hace 4 años

The color of the floor is too dark. Try light colors in kitchen for better view.

lmhall200055 agradeció a himanshu edward
  • PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 4 años

SJ McCarthy , ""Brown Blah" kitchen (brown on brown on brown with some brown and some brown). "" Best quote of the year. :-)

lmhall200055 agradeció a Oak & Broad
  • lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I feel the same about white kitchens, if I see one more white kitchen, white walls, white sofas- I want our house to look like an old oak and poplar barn threw up in it. don’t get me started on the grey craze the past few years...ready for something with depth and warmth. Just dont like many darker wood cabinets with most wood floors- maybe I can find a nice distressed whitewashed floor...hmmm

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

The colour/style/wood chosen for your cabinets are very formal. Contemporary but formal. The grain in the wood is VERY tight. Probably maple. I worry that any 'white wood' will look extremely rustic. The colours might work together but the woods will not.

When wood is cerused or limed or white washed it is often a LOW GRADE of wood. As in 'rustic' with plenty of grain and ++++ knots. The reason? Because a HIGH END wood is RARELY covered/coloured/distressed to look 'rustic'. It would be a waste of expensive wood.

That means if you pair a rustic white-washed wood (rustic...with some rustic and then something you would find on the broad side of a barn) together with a HIGHLY STYLIZED formal wood like your cabinets you will have wasted a tremendous amount of money on both products.

You will notice in your inspiration photo the slate floors. They pair beautifully with the formal cabinets. This is about as 'rustic' as these cabs can handle. If you must have a light floor (and I agree, these cabs are so dark you need ++++ light to elevate the darkness in a kitchen) then look at a beautiful vein cut travertine floor. You can use either real travertine or you can use porcelain made to look like travertine.

And before you deal with your flooring, PLEASE choose the colour of the island. In design you will want to work with the 60/30/10 concept:

60% for the main colour = cabinet colour

30% secondary colour = counter tops (whatever they may be)

10% accent colour = island or wall colour or backsplash

lmhall200055 agradeció a SJ McCarthy
  • lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

SJ...great Tips and reminders!! The cabinetry is the color of my cabinets I have an option to choose- but not the style. I have an option with I f painted-but I find over time With wear, painted cabinets start showing age, figures with a stained maple or knotty elder I could get longer wear.

• lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

These are examples of stains available- I just don’t like the flooring they used with them??

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

If you don't like the floors they matched with them, then you will want to stay away from wood or even wood look. The floors in the photos have been purpose-matched in both colour AND grain. To get it to work, BOTH have to be in place.

You are welcome to try to find a maple that is white washed....but that is going to be a TOUGH ask! I mean HUGELY difficult. So difficult it might not happen.

And just to make things worse, maple is REALLY difficult to stain which is why it is best done in a factory. Whew!

Matching grain AND colour = tough ask for dark stained cabinets + super light/white wood floors.

You can get the same LOOK as 'wood' (striated grain) with vein-cut travertine....if you work with porcelain you can get any colour you like...including purple! (I don't recommend it but purple, pink and blue are out there!).

As soon as you move away from wood or wood-look flooring in your kitchen the WORLD becomes you flooring choice. The opposite is true: if you must have wood flooring (or wood look) you narrow your scope significantly.

Honestly. Google vein cut travertine. It will give you everything you want. And I really mean that.

• PRO
    Kermans Flooring
    hace 4 años

Check out our pro-tips for planning your kitchen floors in our newest Dream Kitchen Guide! Our guide can help you plan and decide on the perfect kitchen floor for your home.

https://go.kermans.com/picking-kitchen-floors

• Design Girl
    hace 4 años

You say that you don't like white kitchens or gray - I get it. You say you want your house to look rustic and like a barn - Ok, get that - Where I think you're having problems is with what you're trying to pair together. The wire brushed floors reflect the style and feel you are going for. However, while the cabinets are lovely, they reflect a different feel and style. Although they seem to have a rather simple style shaker door, the overall rich dark stain reflects a more formal, elegant feel. Far from the rustic you are trying to achieve. I suggest you pick different cabinets, that are not so formal and dressy and I think you will be able to bring both cabinets and floor together.

• lmhall200055
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

It is like trying to force a square peg in a round hole! I know I definitely want 5/8“ engineered wood floor- prefer hand-stained white oak but in Texas- they can’t survive our humidity, I found this picture- does this work??

• Design Girl
    hace 4 años

The pic above is OK, but I don't think there's enough contrast - The floor is too dark with the cabinets. It's going to read like a sea of brown. Of course, the floors pictured above are NOT the wire brushed you initially selected. The ones above are more traditional floors so the feel goes better with the cabinets, but I still think the color needs to be lighter.

lmhall200055 agradeció a Design Girl
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.