hace 4 años

Please recommend aBeige color paint for interior of my house

Comentarios (34)

• jck910
    hace 4 años

thousands to choose from. BM Balboa Mist, Edgecomb Gray

• Trish Walter
    hace 4 años

Accessible Beige Sherwin Williams is a good neutral.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

Why beige at all? So beiges all have undertones some of which have pink or peach which always reminds me of flesh color. There are literally 1000s of neutral colors besides beige maybe give us a bit more info about your space.

• IdaClaire
    hace 4 años

I second Accessible Beige from Sherwin Williams. It's a "go to" color for many of us here.

• Yayagal
    hace 4 años

BM smokey taupe

• Ruchi Oswal
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Is BM a brand?

• Trish Walter
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

@Patricia Colwell Consulting Accessible Beige does not have the pink or peach undertones which makes it a great neutral. It's slightly warmer than the popular 'gray's like Agreeable Gray by SW or Revere Pewter by BM.

Edited to say that according to others, Accessible Beige does have a pink or peach undertone. So check before you jump to see how it looks in your space [d this for any paint].

@Ruchi Oswal

SW = Sherwin Williams

BM = Benjamin Moore

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    hace 4 años

You have to be so careful when selecting a beige paint. First you will need to determine if you need a pink beige, yellow beige, green beige, or orange beige paint to go with your furnishings and draperies.

I remember the first time I found out about the undertones of beige was 20 years ago. I had just bought a house that I wanted to put in hardwood, but there was no time to do so before I had to move in. So, I decided to just recarpet the house. I arranged to be off work and at the house when the new carpet was put in. To my horror the carpet looked pink - it had not looked pink at all in the carpet store and the salesman did not tell me about undertones (of course he may not have understood that either). Because I had to start moving in the next day, I had no choice but to let them install the carpet. A very expensive lesson to learn.

So just be aware of the variances in beige and pick correctly. Good luck.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

IMO accessible beige not a beige at all but a very pale taupe.

• User
    hace 4 años

Some of the suggestions above are not what I would call beige. Can you post a photo of what color you like? That might help narrow it better.

Bm Manchester tan a good neutral beige. Has a slight green undertone.

Speaking of, what color undertone is in the hard finishes you have? If you have tile with a yellow beige or orange beige undertone, it’s going to look better if you avoid pink beige for your walls.

Something lighter than Manchester tan, but leans more greige (mix of beige and gray) is Bm feather down.

Pink beiges -Bm Muslin, Bm maritime white, sw patience, bm natural linen, Bm brandy cream.

can you show us a photo of what

ivory-beige Bm seashell, Bm Monterey white.

more greiges- sw shoji white, Bm ballet white, Bm natural cream

• Jennifer Hogan
    hace 4 años

Please provide additional information.

below is a picture of a color wheel that shows the different types of neutrals there are. (Maria Killam - you can buy one from her website ( https://www.mariakillam.com/product/colour-wheel/ )

Picking the perfect beige is like picking the perfect lipstick. Tons of choices, but only a few lipsticks look good on you and only a few shades of beige will look good in your home with your furniture, carpet, cabinets, flooring.

To further complicate things, pictures on the internet do not look the same on every computer system, so just showing us a picture may not help a lot. Showing a picture with the color wheel against the items really helps define the color.

Show us that you have Pink beige carpet and a violet gray sofa will help us help you in picking a good beige for your home.

If you don't want to buy a color wheel you can pick paint color sample swatches and place them on your sofa, flooring, cabinets and tell us what color is close to the color of your belongings.

• sunshine home
    hace 4 años

Manchester tan looks nice in my 2 story living room.

• PRO
    Open House Home Staging & Redesign, LLC
    hace 4 años

You can't pick a color in a vacuum. You need to share pictures of your home, with the fixed surfaces (flooring, countertops, backsplash, carpeting), so we can get an idea of what color would go best with what you are currently working with.

• jqueen3
    hace 4 años

In the process of re-painting our rooms too. We chose SW Nomadic Desert and Kilim Beige. Think it give the rooms a warm tone.

• PRO
    Sandy LeRoy
    hace 4 años

Color is all about context. A lot of well-meaning people telling you what a color looks like to them, or how it looks in their house, or describing a non-existent “undertones” phenomenon isn’t helpful. I second the approach of identifying the hue families of the fixed elements in your house. Any paint colors you choose must harmonize with them. Make large samples of the colors you’re considering and look at them under natural and artificial light.

• salonva
    hace 4 años

All great advice- I am very confused with the color wheel use. I totally understand about the different undertones, but for example, if I have orange beige tiles (or any of the ones listed) then what beiges am I to look at? And , from the wheel, how does that correspond when looking at beige paints?

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 4 años

Your question is so vague and impossible to answer. I just started a discussion on this very dilemma, you can read it here: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5820599/help-me-find-a-color

I also would add that one color may not work in every room in your home, as the lighting will probably change the way it appears--it may work in the kitchen but not the dining room, etc.

If you are really confused, you should consider hiring a color consultant for an hour or two to help you.

• Trish Walter
    hace 4 años

Go to the paint store grab a bunch of chips. Take them home and walk around and narrow it down. Then go to the store and get little sample pots or sometimes they now sell the stickers you can put on wall. Paint samples on PAPER and place on various walls in different lighting, etc....and go from there.

Best of luck.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Trish is exactly right and with you not providing even pictures of your space that is all the real help you will get. IMO like I asked at the beginning why beige we need context I actually find grayed/ greens are much more neutral than beige

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

"Is BM a brand?" Poster not from US??

• Ephma
    hace 4 años

BM Edgecomb Gray looks beige in my house and I really like it. Balboa Mist looks more grey in my living room. These popular colors are good places to start but you need to test in your space.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    hace 4 años

Highly recommend everyone read Diana Bier's post at https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5820599/help-me-find-a-color. The thread contains valuable information about color.

• salonva
    hace 4 años

Yes of course it is essential to look at the colors in the place where they are being considered. It still is helpful to just get a few suggestions for colors to look into. I know when I walk into the paint store if I have a few I can ask for it helps as a starting point. Overwhelming is the word!!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 4 años

To Trish Walters--Accessible Beige is in the yellow-red hue family so it absolutely CAN look pink or peach. And I think that Beverly FLAdeziner knows what BM means, she was addressing the OP's question. The OP probably is not in the US, where Ben Moore is manufactured and widely sold.

Thanks, Walnut creek. Anyone who wants to read more about color should visit Lori Sawaya's website, The Land of Color. It's an invaluable resource for understanding more about color.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 4 años

There are many lovely “beige” paints. Natural light plays a huge role in making it a winner or loser. So, from what direction is the light coming?

For instance, B.M. Valley Forge Tan is gorgeous with West light.

• Trish Walter
    hace 4 años

@JudyG Designs thanks for that paint idea. I'm saving as we will have some Western Light.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

IMO the OP is gone and we are all spitting in the wind.

• salonva
    hace 4 años

I hate when that happens!

Well, it's been a fine and informative discussion anyway.

:)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

I think we should just ignore questions like this. seriously? "I need a beige paint color". ?? It doesn't occur to them to walk into a paint store and look at beige paint chips? maybe bring them home and see what would look good on their wall?

Could people possibly make these questions any more difficult to answer? By all means, be as vague as possible so WE have to ask all the questions in order to help YOU.

It's right up there with, " what color should I paint my walls? I have a tan color sofa and a pinkish tile floor". (and no picture, of course).

• Ruchi Oswal
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Here are pictures of my living room, family room, wooden flooring and current paint color which is light lemon, polenta.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 4 años

First paint chips I'd reach for are on the Sherwin-Williams strip with Kilim Beige SW 6106.

Sherwin Williams sometimes labels it as an "orange paint color".

It's not "orange".

Kilim Beige Colorography

It will definitely look less lemon-y, polenta-y.

I also like the idea of Benjamin Moore's Shaker Beige or Manchester Tan.

Should be a nice range of near neutrals to get you started figuring out what "beige" means to you.

Because "beige" means something different to everyone as you can see on this post.

Color words like beige, greige, taupe, etc. are really meaningless because everyone defines them differently. Same with "undertones". No one can agree on color undertones (again as demonstrated in this thread) because it's a subjective judgment.

• Ruchi Oswal
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks everyone for sharing your suggestions. How does one determine undertones of a particular color, say which is neutral like Beige, Tan, taupe or Grey?

• PRO
    Sandy LeRoy
    hace 4 años

Despite the comments from and products sold by some so-called experts, opaque architectural paint doesn’t have undertones. Erase that word from your paint vocabulary. The word undertone only describes what a color looks like To You at that moment, in that space. That’s not helpful to anyone else because every house is different. It’s one of the fatal flaws in the undertone approach, and why learning about color science is essential to anyone who wants to be a qualified color/design professional. The good news is that Lori Sawaya has made it easy. Find out more at campchroma.com.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.