Houzz Logo Print
msto1129

stain, wax staircase?

hace 4 años

Here’s our staircase. The newel and handrail and made of hemlock wood. The balusters are red oak.

I like the natural look, which also looks ok with the European white oak flooring. What are some good options for finishing it to protect it? Was considering a stain, but realized the different types of wood will not be the same color. Was also considering some type of a glazing paint, maybe white? The home style is Scandinavian.

Please advice..

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    hace 4 años

I would just finish it with a waterbase matte finish like crystal fin from Dalys

• hace 4 años

It currently has some stains from kids touching the bare wood. Any suggestions how to get those out? If not possible, what other options to cover them?

• PRO
    hace 4 años

You will need a finish to prevent staining (and wax isn't it!)

A light sanding with fine sandpaper will minimize the stains from the kiddos.

I would also suggest water based poly as the finish. Hopefully you have some off-cuts left over where you can test the finish. You may decide to add a very light or diluted stain to one or the other wood to get them to blend but impossible to know without testing on scraps side by side.

• hace 4 años

What about a white glaze? Saw it at IKEA.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.