Houzz Logo Print
ncgirl317

Bedroom sitting area, two chairs or sofa and chair?

Lori
hace 4 años

If I have the room for either with a giant rectangular bedroom, is it better to do a small scale sofa with a similar scale chair or two chairs for a master bedroom? I'm wondering if two chairs is more common and a sofa/chair combo would be weird in a bedroom. Thanks!

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 4 años

The first thing to do is really think about whether you will realistically ever use this sitting area. More often than not benches, chairs, sofas etc. in bedrooms become "the chair" aka a dumping ground for everything. I suppose if you'll actually use it at most I'd do two chairs.

Lori agradeció a Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • Lori
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

We will definitely use it, we've had sitting rooms in past houses and used them often. This is the first time we've had just one big rectangle room, so the couch and chair combo in our past have had more of a dedicated space, instead we now have plenty of room but in one big room. I'm one of those types that puts everything away, I need things orderly or my stress goes up so no worries on it becoming a dumping ground.

• Lori
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Two chairs with ottomans if I have the space or keep it simple with two chairs no ottomans? Actually, if I do a bench at the end of the bed, I would think no ottomans.

• calidesign
    hace 4 años

Skip the bench at the end of the bed and use two chairs, with a very small end table between them, and one ottoman that can be shared.

Lori agradeció a calidesign
  • PRO
  • Tara
    hace 4 años

What I would use a sitting area for would be to read, do some crochet or knitting, have tea. (maybe watch TV or a movie). So I would need something that is comfortable to put my feet up. I'd go for the sofa and a chair/ottoman, with a table between the two. At the very least two chairs with ottomans so the feet can go up. Maybe even small-profile recliners. And don't forget lamps.

• Tara
    hace 4 años

Private Residence 2 - Delray Beach, FL · Más información

Living on the Lake · Más información

• Tara
    hace 4 años

Or maybe a chaise lounge.

Residential · Más información

Master Bedroom Overlooking Lake Minnetonka · Más información

Goshen Ridge Model Home · Más información

Tudor Eclectic, Kentucky Estate · Más información

• Brittany Nelson
    hace 4 años

I think two chairs with an ottoman or two is ideal. It just seems more cozy to me for reading or morning coffee, plus you don't need the extra seating in a bedroom where you won't entertain.

• Ashley Nichols
    hace 4 años

Two very cozy chairs!

• Robbin Capers
    hace 4 años

I'd do a chaise or settee personally because we like to sit together. Maybe a separate chair too since you have room.

Lori agradeció a Robbin Capers
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.