Houzz Logo Print
sally_mccoy15

Cutting out drywall for Cambria to fit

Sally McCoy
hace 4 años

So we had our Cambria installed yesterday and apparently measurements were off by 2/16ths of an inch which made the installers need to cut through drywall. Is this normal? When we asked our contractor he said anything up to 3/16ths was normal/acceptable and needing to cut into drywall happens usually around 50% of the time with installs. This is our first kitchen renovation and I just want to make sure there isnt a future issue that might arise from this. We are planning on eventually doing a backsplash. Thanks for the advice!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Allie Reed
    hace 4 años

Your contractor is correct, it does happen a lot! Since the actual opening of the drywall is so slight and you're adding backsplash, no future issues should arise from the tiny gap. However, depending on the size of your backsplash tiles, you may need to have someone patch up the drywall under the window so they have something to adhere to.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    hace 4 años

Agreed...this can happen and no reason for alarm. However, I'd say that 50% of the time is a bit more than my installers do. But maybe I just don't know about it. :-) This is way better than having a gap. Also templating is very hard to get 100% perfect. You would think it is....but it's not...even with lasering. There is a margin of error....and the machines can be slightly off. Countertops that are contained in a Ushaped room (walls on three sides) are the most difficult.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 4 años

This is hackery at its worst. There is no excuse for poorly-fitting countertops. Amateurs; tell them I said so please.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.