Houzz Logo Print
teamej

Side by side stainless refrigerator

teamej
hace 4 años

Is there a side by side (not French doors) stainless refrigerator without a water dispenser on the outside panel that doesn’t cost five figures?

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    Factory Builder Stores
    hace 4 años

Hi teamej! These are pretty non-existant to be honest, but the Whirlpool brand does currently produce a model like you describe:

https://www.whirlpool.com/kitchen/refrigeration/refrigerators/side-by-side/p.36-inch-wide-side-by-side-refrigerator-25-cu.-ft.wrsa15snhz.html

• thinkdesignlive
    hace 4 años

Liebherr.

• wdccruise
    hace 4 años

Liebherr does not make side-by-side refrigerators. It's French door refrigerators start at $5K.

• jane__ny
    hace 4 años

I am planning a remodel also and following this post. I hate, hate French Door refrigerators. I've lived with them and would never buy one. I love side-by-side and only hope someone makes one when I do the remodel. I don't mind water and ice on the door.

• wdccruise
    hace 4 años

thinkdesignlive: the link you provided is for Liebherr appliances sold in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It says so right on the webpage. Think.

• User
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Side by sides have fallen by the wayside due much poorer ergonomics of use. An aging population prefers that the most used items be at the easiest height to get to without bending over. It’s 85/15 fridge to freezer use. And that’s if you need ice and eat ice cream. If you don’t, it’s 95/5.

• thinkdesignlive
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I have thought - and specified them. If you click on the link at the top you can change the country:

https://home.liebherr.com/en/usa/ncsa/residential-appliances/freestanding-semi-built-in/60-inch/details/sbses-9063.html

The smallest side by side they offer would be 48" - (2) 24" modules. These are by far the best value on the market IMO - you can get the 48" for less than $5k. If you are looking for something smaller in a side by side then Liebherr would not be an option.

• wdccruise
    hace 4 años

The cheapest Liebherr BF1061 24 Inch Stainless Steel Counter Depth Bottom Freezer Refrigerator is $1800 so two -- requiring 48" of space -- would be $3600 for a total capacity of 20 cf.

She can buy a Whirlpool WRS315SNHM 25 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator for $947 which would require 36" of space.

• User
    hace 4 años

Cubic space is less important than shelf space and organization. Another area where a French door wins hands down.

• jane__ny
    hace 4 años

Livewire, I totally disagree.

I'm 70 yrs old. I have a large family who is here often. I love to cook. I like to entertain.

In the past I've had side-by-sides and when we moved was looking forward to the french doors. Used them for 5 yrs and hated them.

I was constantly bending trying to find things in the freezer draws. I freeze almost all meat, and breads, vegetables. I had to pull things out on the counters to get to a roast or packages of chicken.

The fridge had drawers for smaller frozen goods and didn't hold enough so things were always getting buried under packages of meat.

With side-by-sides, everything is easily accessible. I'm planning a big remodel and having difficulty finding a nice side-by-side. I'm a year off the work so hope some of the good manufacturers start making them again.

Jane

• User
    hace 4 años

If you use a freezer that much, then you obviously need a separate freezer as your primary freezer storage. Just like grandma used to have. Basing your opinion of an entire appliance class off of one model, and your over estimation your freezer use time doesn’t invalidate that at very most you aren’t in your freezer 50% of the time. That would take way more than the 7 minutes a day to unload frozen meat and vegetables. That’s 1433 that you aren't rummaging in the freezer. Find one with better organization for your most often used freezer stuffs. Leave the whole cow and veggie garden in the upright or chest freezer. And enjoy the 127/7 ratio of refrigerator to freezer use with the refrigerator so much easier to get to.

• Nancy R z5 Chicagoland
    hace 4 años

Interesting question. I have a 20 year old GE Profile side-by-side with wood panels and nothing to break up the beautiful doors--no ice dispensers, water dispensers, computers, whatever. I love it and I'm dreading the day when it has to be replaced. I don't understand the popularity of those french door refrigerators. I rarely have to bend down to reach stuff.

• thinkdesignlive
    hace 4 años

With all refrigerators you have to pick your poison - with the whirlpool 'beast' as I like to call it - it will stick out a full 8" from your cabinetry.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.