Houzz Logo Print
moirasalerno

Need advice replace Black quartz counters or just update back splash

moira salerno
hace 4 años

Should I replace my Black quartz counters and back splash with white quartz (MSI-cashmere carrara). Or just replace the black splash? Its a huge cost savings to just do back splash. The savings could be used for other projects. If I replace back splash only what should I use? I am wanting to make my house more contemporary.

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    hace 4 años

The counter and the backsplash are what's contemporary in the space. What look are you trying to achieve? I would remove the current backsplash and replace with something that appeals to you if you want a change.

moira salerno agradeció a Skippack Tile & Stone
  • NewEnglandgal
    hace 4 años

I would keep the counters as they are very nice and find a fun backsplash, so many choices to choose from, you do not have to go with plain white unless that is what you want.

moira salerno agradeció a NewEnglandgal
  • lucky998877
    hace 4 años

New back splash with a contemporary pattern.

moira salerno agradeció a lucky998877
  • eld6161
    hace 4 años

I agree to just replace the backsplash. You can do anything really.

moira salerno agradeció a eld6161
  • PRO
    Ritzman Construction LLC
    hace 4 años

Change the backsplash

moira salerno agradeció a Ritzman Construction LLC
  • tqtqtbw
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Replace the backsplash. Add under cabinet lighting if you don't have it already. White subway tile or soft sea glass color are good, but you have many options.

Anna's Kitchen Remodel · Más información

moira salerno agradeció a tqtqtbw
  • moira salerno
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you so much for all the comments. Does anyone have ideas what tile to use to tie the counters in with the cabinets?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

do you have under cabinet lights in place? that will help.
    if you want more contemporary, try some of these at Tilebar. they will also send you 5 samples for $5! I love this Harliquin tile. I have a sample of it myself.

or this heirloom from floor and decor

they also have this linear bar calacatta marble tile

maybe a black chevron w/white grout. (or vice versa)

marble ledger panel. (these come in flat fronts too)

or something like this design but in diff colors. (or just do white w/black grout)

same w/this one. you could do shades of white, or blacks and grays

• tqtqtbw
    hace 4 años

I really like Beth's tile bar styte tile for your space. I vote no on the multicolored horizontal bars. The Arabesque tile is one of my favorites, but more for a traditional/transitional styled kitchen.

moira salerno agradeció a tqtqtbw
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

found some others

here are other examples that match your set up

here's one showing you the under cabinet lighting I was talking about in my first comment. . good lighting is imperative in a kitchen w/black countertops

• calidesign
    hace 4 años

Since you want to keep the modern look, avoid the patterned and smaller busy tiles for the back splash. Keep it simple with a solid surface, a subway or glass tile, or a shaped white tile.

moira salerno agradeció a calidesign
  • eam44
    hace 4 años

You may want a contemporary look, but you have traditional cabinets. There’s only so much you can do to make the look contemporary. Keep your bs monochromatic, but don’t be afraid to introduce some color other than black or white. Also, a marble tile might be nice with its interplay on gray and white.

moira salerno agradeció a eam44
  • moira salerno
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I can't Thank everyone enough!

• moira salerno
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

eam44, you have very good point I really like the marble and was considering that since its current and ties in the cabinets with counters.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

i posted several marble tile options. a little more contemporary, go w/the calacatta bar (first batch of pics I posted). in the second batch there are other marble subways.

Tilebar lets you order 5 samples for 5 bucks. they have a ton of marble options. check over there if you like

• Val B
    hace 4 años

Agree with others that you don’t have to change the countertops! I think Carrara marble would look nice with those cabinets and counter. Just make sure to bring samples first and make sure the colors go well together in real life. I like the graphic black and white pattern tiles that Beth posted too, but I’d be nervous to have a strong pattern with all the repeating boxes on your cabinets (that look like another pattern to me). Fyi, I’m not a designer, just interested in design!

• eam44
    hace 4 años

Glad I was able to find something you like. It’s the size of the tiles that creates that look, so think larger format, none of that fussy mosaic stuff. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Jora
    hace 4 años

I think that your current kitchen is contemporary looking. VERY dramatic and beautiful. The only thing I would do is add a couple of pendent lights

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.