Houzz Logo Print
webuser_601196771

decking on verandah at beach house -

Erica Kay
hace 4 años

Dont' want to have to oil every few years. Is there a product that looks like decking but is low maintenance and will be OK in a coastal position

Comentarios (4)

• Kate
    hace 4 años

The gaps in decking boards allow sand to drop through. Is that needed? Is it covered?
    The recycled rubber /plastic boards get very hot in the sun but don’t need oiling

Erica Kay agradeció a Kate
  • Gallifrey
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I chose real hardwood decking for our beach house, and was happy for it to gey off. The extra cost of plastic/fake boards would pay for a lot of oil. They say they never need refinishing, but what if they do? I have seen some of his stuff also go off in the sun, with no prospect of rejuvenating it. At least I can add some oil to mine every year or so. I have also done a lot of new decking at our main residence in Brisbane. I looked at the artificial boards, but all looked fake to me.

Erica Kay agradeció a Gallifrey
  • bigreader
    hace 4 años

How close to the beach? I’m 900 metres and used bog standard treated pine on an uncovered deck. I’ve never oiled it. It’s hitting 10years old and needs a good clean and some nails repunched but it’s been very low maintenance. I don’t like the look of the artificial boards.

Erica Kay agradeció a bigreader
  • PRO
    Knotwood
    hace 4 años

Hey Erica,

Check out our Knotwood decking, very low maintenance, highest grade anti-slip rating of P5 & D1 and backed by a 15 year warranty. Send through a message if you have any questions or would like some samples of our product.

Knotwood Decking

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.