Houzz Logo Print
tmaheady

Amazing house. Love the slim frames on the windows and the flat roof.

tmaheady
hace 4 años
Who was the windows supplier, and what sort of flat roof system was used. What is the best flat roof to go for. We are in the process of designing a contemporary house with lots of glass and a flat roof. I think the slim frames make this house, and would like to use similar in our house. We live in Scotland and so want a flat roof that can withstand heavy snow lying on it for periods in winter.
Jura House · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Scott Donald Architecture
    hace 4 años

Morning,

Thanks for the comments.

The glazing system is Sky-Frame. https://www.sky-frame.com/en/ If you want to view it in the flesh, then please let me know.

There're a few approved installers in the UK who are listed on Sky-Frame's site.

There's absolutely no issue with snow load on a flat roof, provided you have the right construction and finish.

Whereabouts in Scotland is your project? I'm from Scotland.

If you any help or advice, please let us know.

Best,

Scott Donald

• tmaheady
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Scott,

Firstly I must compliment you on your work, very exciting, I will definitely be keeping an eye on your web site, feel you are going to have an exciting career with your design style.

We are based just outside Aberdeen, in the countryside. Our plans have just been submitted to the planning department. It is open plan, using stone, white render, timber cladding and glass. Our aim was to design a house, that complimented its setting but also had a wow factor. I hope we achieved that.

If you don’t mind me asking, what way you did the flat roof. I am just curious, at the moment I am researching different options.

Regards
    Teresa

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Hi Teresa,

Ahh, cool. All my family live in Aberdeen - I’m up there quite a bit.

No problem. It was a timber joisted roof, flat. *Then 18mm plywood with tapered insulation to fall. Or you could create the fall using timber fittings and then use constant thickness insulation (which is cheaper). If you’re using Kingspan, you’ll likely need around 140mm thickness to achieve building regs. Or that’s what we needed in Rngkand anyway. This is a warm roof. On top of the insulation we fitted a Sarnafil single ply membrane.

• the other option if you’ve a steel frame is to use a profiled metal deck ad your roof structure, then insulation and Sarnafil over this.

Hope this helps, but if you need any further info, please ask.

Thanks,
    Scott

• tmaheady
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Apologies Scott, just realised I hadn't responded, just want to say "Thank you" and best wishes for the future.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Thanks!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.