Houzz Logo Print
marybradfield

Kitchen cabinet color ? Kitchen remodel.

MB B
hace 4 años

Can't decide on cabinet color. We want a stained wood, not painted. New island can be same or contrasting color. The trim in our home is a fruit wood stain. We will put in a lighter color granite on counters and island. I was thinking of cherry wood color cabs and grey island? Any ideas, photos are welcome. Thanks.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

I would not have another wood color in the space and cherry cabinet color is a dated look for sure.When you do this please lower the bar counter to counter height and no wood on the back side at all it make for a very imposing item in a very small kitchen. From waht I can see you need to add some good lighting to the space either LED pot lights of if too expensive do a good LED track light at least with bulbs in the 4000K range. Do amuch lighter color for the walls and IMO a nice warm white for cabinets in maybe a shaker style would be good in this small space.I think instead of the island a peninsula would give you more cabinet space , do mostly drawers for lower cabinets.

• sheilaskb
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Your kitchen appears to be very dark, and cherry cabinets will make it darker. However, you might balance/contrast the darkness of the cherry by painting the walls a bright white. In this case, I believe a very pale grey on the sides of the island would look wonderful. I would suggest a plain white back splash and counter tops in a white marble veined in shades of light grey. I cannot visualize fruitwood trim and cherry cabinets together. Would you consider painting the trim white or light grey?

I do love the French doors, dining table, black Windsor chairs, and the hobnail globes on the chandelier, and I know cherry cabinets go with these traditional furnishings. I am sure your kitchen will be beautiful!

• PRO
    Kate Marchesini for Ethan Allen Somerville, NJ
    hace 3 años

I see you have been receiving suggestions not to do cherry cabinets and I would have to agree but sometimes you have reasons beyond the obvious to want something against all odds. So here goes. I would suggest not cherry but doing a maple or alder wood with a pale natural finish. These two woods are naturally pale. Then have a glaze put on, that will pull in your trim color. (I would paint all the trim white in a heartbeat) That would be a way of modernizing and lightening up at the same time. I would also do away with the wood 1/2 wall around the island, you do not need any separation to the eating area, and do a warm taupe paint finish that would pick up on the cabinet stain on the island. Then do a light quartz counter. This will bring in the white without having painted cabinets.

• MB B
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you.. I ended up doing a darker alder with a black island and snowfall granite rectangular island... very similar to what you pictured!

• Shawna
    hace 3 años

Pics?

• PRO
    Acorn Design
    hace 3 años

it looks beautiful. it seems we were on the same wavelenghth.lol. good luck

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.