Houzz Logo Print
pilot2840

How are you able to keep the bugs out with the barn doors ?.

pilot2840
hace 4 años
I like the barn door look,but keeping the bugs out would be difficult I would guess. How wide are the barn doors and are they on a track at the bottom ?.

Thanks for answering in advance.
Outdoor Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Costili Cabinetry LLC
    hace 4 años

Doors are 4' Wide with guide rail on the bottom and tracks on top. Doors are not 100% bug proof, there is about a 1/2" gap around the door

• pilot2840
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you for responding.

I like the idea of the barn doors and I will figure out how to make it bug proof. Thanks again.

• romxrf
    hace 4 años

I love this idea. Consider adding some kind of fine brush strip/threshold to the bottom of the doors, and I think that might help

• Nancy Lindsey
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

After seeing it I decided to used sliding door on our new screened porch. I love the look and the fact that it saves so much "real estate" that a swinging door uses. But i do have to say that it was a challenge to find the best way to seal them against bugs. Our wonderful contractor Alex Wulf of Otterville Builders used thick weather stripping that works pretty well, though not perfectly. But I'm not sorry we chose the sliding doors. And I get so many compliments!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.