Houzz Logo Print
evarchitects

Where should we place the Kitchen in this vast space?

EV Architects
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Design Dilemma on the Greek Villa Renovation! The ground floor space is very big.. and high (4.2m). As it is currently a blank page, we have many options for placement of the kitchen. Attached are views with one option. I wonder if there are better ideas out there with all the creative minds on this site! The Orange circle represents the open plan space on the 2D plan (internal walls currently lining the hallway will be removed)

Comentarios (8)

• Jonathan
    hace 4 años

Like this

• Pat Auld
    hace 4 años

What a gorgeous property. Please keep us updated with progress.

• rinked
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Oh the cracks in that one! Lovely home to renovate though.

I'd suggest: Smaller working triangle. Kitchen closer to outdoors.

Oh and a more workable counterspace. Induction hob, then 90cm of workspace, sink and at least 45cm on the side. (No need to use a panoramic cooktop with a 100cm deep island)

EV Architects agradeció a rinked
  • PRO
    D O M | Architecture interior
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Renovation of a house for private residence or is it a mini-hotel?

I would put in that place. There is a way out.

And the main space can be given to different entertainment zones .

EV Architects agradeció a D O M | Architecture interior
  • PRO
    Detail Movement Interiors
    hace 4 años

Hello, EV Architects, what an amazing building you have there! Congratulations on the project, must be an exciting one!

Where do you enter in the property? Next to the internal stairs area?

If so, I agree with rinqand D O M | Architecture interior, plus if you place the kitchen in that area, you have the ability to ventilate naturally, which not many houses do. Also, you get natural light in there and have direct visibility with any outdoor dining and entertaining. So that is a big plus!

Hope that helps. Good luck!

• PRO
    EV Architects
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks! The original barn doorways are at the top and bottom of the long hallway. The top leads out to the courtyard under the marble staircase (external) as you can see from the actual photos. There will be a door by the internal stair and likely a patio out that direction.

• Jonathan
    hace 4 años

Oh I misunderstood- if the outside courtyard is to the top of the plan not the bottom then the kitchen should be where you planned it (unless there is a better outside space near the bottom doorway.)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.