Houzz Logo Print
therersaolejarz

curtains and Artwork Advice

therersaolejarz
hace 4 años

Hi There,

I would like some advice as to artwork suggestions for wall in dining room and if I should have drapes on the dining room window(I currently have sheers which are there just temporarily). If you recommend drapes, what colour? ... I thought perhaps a slate blue /grey? I know to hang the drapes higher. The walls will be painted a soft white(cool white as I face South). Also, if you think anything in the living room area should be changed/ removed, I welcome suggestions. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Comentarios (7)

• apple_pie_order
    hace 4 años

With white walls, white curtains will blend in. Any other color will be a statement. Do you want your art or the curtains to be the star?

• lizziesma
    hace 4 años

Seems like the rug should be positioned the opposite way in living room? I'd like art on the wall in Dining room, something with blue in it. What type of art do you favor?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 4 años

I would rearrange the living room. I would turn the piano so pianist is facing into your room. Position chairs facing into room. If you could post room measurements, I can work up scale drawing for you. I thought Beverly’s dining room suggests were perfect.

• houssaon
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I am going to comment on your lighting in the dinning room. It might be just the picture, but it looks like you have clear light bulbs in the chandelier, which is creating a disturbing pattern on the wall. I think if you switch to white or frosted glass bulbs you will not get that pattern.

I like the curtain you have now.

I also like the art hung over the console. I would get something similar, only if you have the room to walk behind the chair at the end of the table without knocking into it.

• therersaolejarz
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi,
    Regarding rearranging the living room, I feel I am limited due to the piano. But, new ideas would be greatly appreciated. The entire room (dining and living) is 23’x 7”. The length of the dining room is 10’ and 14 ‘ wide. The living room is 13x 17. The extra width and the piano make it awkward to work with and I struggled with chair placement and rug size and shape. If I didn’t have the piano, my chairs would be centred in front of the window . I tried having the chairs facing the window, but it cuts the room off and visually doesn’t look good. Unfortunately, I don’t have the space for that arrangement. I view the living room area as more of a conversation/ parlour area. The comment about the pianist facing the piano into the room, do you mean he should face the window or toward the dining room? I’m not quite sure how the piano should be turned. I welcome all suggestions. Thanks

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    hace 4 años

Yes we would add artwork to the blank wall, and some curtains. Perhaps try a white for the curtains?

Lake Sammamish Waterfront · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.