Houzz Logo Print
nemobaby

please help with guest bedroom ideas

nemobaby
hace 4 años

Just setup a bed in our other bedroom, it’s a queen with dark wood frame. The wall color is sea salt by sherwin Williams. I just want to keep it very simple in here, any ideas or suggestions for a diy or cheap nightstand or bedside table and would white look good? I just bought some white sheets also need to find a comforter( keeping things on the cheap) any suggestions are appreciated! Or if anyone can do the 3D thing where it shows items in the room that is really helpful ...ps the first pic shows the bed, the 2nd with the blanket is temp, also the table there is an extra I had...maybe I should just use that? Thanks!

Comentarios (25)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 años

craigslist. find some nightstands for cheap and paint them white.

• Oliviag
    hace 4 años

SW seasalt is a lovely, restful color for a guest room. White bedding will look nice. You can add color with a throw and art.
    Your table is a bit tall for the bed, but will at least give your guest a place for a book and glasses til you find something you like better.

• nemobaby
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I think there is a Tuesday morning somewhere near me, I’ll have to check them out..thanks!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I would start by choosing bedding that will give you an idea of style then add the rest. Sea Salt is an easy color to work with and I like a guest room to not be too feminine.I find a paisley pattern works well . get two night tables 2 lamps , some bathrobes and some art

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    hace 4 años

Here are some bedroom ideas. Note the white nightstands, artwork, pillows, and bedding.

Lincoln Tower High Rise · Más información

Belvedere Project · Más información

• katinparadise
    hace 4 años

What is the height of the mattress and how much do you want to spend?

• nemobaby
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>From floor to top it’s about 19 inches...don’t want to spend much
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

You can find inexpensive furnishings in Ross, TJMaxx and Marshalls. Sometimes Big Lots has some inexpensive decent comforters. Thrift stores are fun for furniture.

• Anne Duke
    hace 4 años

A bench at the end of the bed so guests can sit to remove shoes, etc... Home Goods is great for finding furnishings that get light use, and the occasional real treasure.

• 2pups4me
    hace 4 años

Patricia, can you tell me the source for the paisley comforter set?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

These are pretty and reasonable.

Size Queen Comforter Sets | Find Great Bedding Deals Shopping at Overstock · Más información

Size Queen Comforter Sets | Find Great Bedding Deals Shopping at Overstock · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

I am guessing you can tuck a spread under the mattress - this could allow a nice design for pillow, etc...

Wrinkle-Free Checkered Quilted Coverlet Set, Linen, Full/Queen · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/products/wrinkle-free-luxury-checkered-quilted-coverlet-set-linen-full-queen-prvw-vr~48990142

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

I like blinds and curtains to sleep better in morning sun, but if not an issue, could this work? Add romance and charm with beautiful overlapping design and light silky texture. 100% Polyester / W 52" / H 84"

Faux Silk Overlapping Curtain, Ivory · Más información

Florentina Embroidered Sheer Curtain Single Panel, White, 50"x84" · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/product/65619968-faux-silk-overlapping-curtain-ivory

• everdebz
    hace 4 años

Less pattern there is, more versatility for art above bed? this is so cool cause can be hung in different ways.... seems romance/ softness with sheer over the beige:

Gathered Tulle Sheer and Blackout 4-Piece Curtain Set, Beige, 84" · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/products/gathered-tulle-sheer-and-blackout-4-piece-curtain-set-beige-84-prvw-vr~62069446

• My House
    hace 4 años

SW Sea Salt is a beautiful and restful color- allow IT to shine, not become a backdrop for a bright patterned bed-in-the-bag set. Make the room fell larger by drawing the eye to the entire room, not a narrow focus to the patterned bed.

I'd choose a hotel look-white duvet!, as it will not limit your other choices in the room (Pillows, wall art, drapes, rug? ).

Add contrast to the cool blue green gray of sea salt with warmer or dark wood tones... An old design rule- every room needs a bit of black- - think curtain rod or darker night stands (new or painted dark) Darker nightstands look gender neutral, whereas white nightstands will lean feminine. Mirrored or silver nightstands only offer one look-glam feminine..

Add some light reflective shimmer- silver metallic lamps (or Mercury glass) Below pic shows an accent mirror above and between he beds.

Note the mix of pattern scale below - large patterned beige check & medium patterned blue floral with beige

Here it is with off white bed, white tables, but with a warm wood floor. White tables gives a more feminine look

Here is is in a living room -

Another lLR - white with warm wood. Aqua vase for fresh flowers /stemin a guest room.

Walmart duvet cover (below) less than $30 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superior-1500-Series-Brushed-Microfiber-Soft-and-Wrinkle-Resistant-Solid-Duvet-Cover-Set/54770218?selected=true

Reffective surfaces- lamps https://www.walmart.com/ip/Katrin-Modern-Glam-Double-Gourd-Table-Lamp-in-Mercury-Glass-with-Linen-Shade/897894382?athcpid=897894382&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=b239dc51-552-16c0b4aed2737d&athena=true

Or

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Katrina-Petite-Glam-Double-Gourd-Table-lamp-in-Mercury-Glass/499987750

• My House
    hace 4 años

Have you selected wall art? If not, consider framed seafans. It is very expensive to buy them already framed and there is no need to spend so much when it is inexpensive to buy the seafans separately and use a ready made frame at craftstore of your choice- white, black, brown, silver, gray? Seafans are flat and fit in a picture frame easily. https://www.caseashells.com/sea-fans.html

You could use white or colored fabric to lay behind them in the frame- cotton, silk?

See Restoration Hardware's price:

• My House
    hace 4 años

Or you could use wall art with stronger hues of sea salt's blue and green, like Butterfly Tile I -IV by June Erica Vess gives more color options for accents...

two could be framed above the bed, like in this room

Or search for two related images. Print to 11x14 at Walgreens or other photo shop and frame with ready made mat and frame. This brown pelican is a similar color to your headboard.
    Pull colors from the prints for pillows.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

If you decide on a pattern for your comforter, it can be a focal and jumping off point to build other elements in the room to balance the colors. It all depends on the feeling and desire you want from this room. It depends 'how simple' or a touch more interest found in a pattern in an element in a room. A pattern could include bedding, or... pillows, or... accessories, or... art.

Simplicity can have a soft pattern with many other design additions in the room, including soft solid colors and soft palettes. Many ways to design .... Subtle? More interest? Primarily neutrals? Fewer color accents? Dramatic? Restful? Soft? Glam? Casual? on & on

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

If you find a pattern bedding you like, bed in a bag, at a price you like, you can opt for buying beautiful pillow covers to cover those that were included in the set. Reasonable prices to give a more custom look.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

Some inspo with beds similar to yours in general style.

University · Más información

A House Filled With Laughter · Más información

Houndstooth Residence · Más información

• The_Lane_Duo
    hace 4 años

I would add a nightstand or 2 with metallic finishes (maybe a metal with glass top?). Then, above the bed, a large over-sized framed art work that is black & white. Keep your bedding simple in white or pale gray with a texture. Use a few throw pillows of varying textures (furry or knit, for example). Put a chunky knit throw at the end, or if room, place a tufted bench at the end of the bed & lay a throw there.

Basically, keeping it peaceful but adding texture. The nightstand shown in the picture is too "matchy" with the bed color, in my personal opinion. I'm not opposed to one being wood but I would look in other directions for this particular room.

Good luck!

• J J
    hace 4 años

following

• Kerry Blossom
    hace 4 años

I have this set (or similar) from walmart in our guest room. it holds up really well to many multiple washings, dogs, and looks good for a guest room. it's simple and can be different looks based on pillows, artwork. had in main bedroom for a while and it still looks brand new.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.