Houzz Logo Print
webuser_633355636

Paint help ASAP

Lindsey
hace 4 años

Hey all! I’m having a SUPER hard time even getting ideas what to paint the living room and entry way....the picture shown in standing in the front door and looking into the entry way.

We have not moved in yet and need some kind of ideas. I love Sherman Williams paint and loved agreeable gray but just not sure what to do. Please give me any kind of suggestions as to what colors would look best!

Comentarios (6)

• Candice Killeen
    hace 4 años

My only concern with using agreeable gray (warm undertones) wall paint is that the floor is dark and it might make the room seem smaller. Check out SW Conservative Gray 6183... it has a slight green tint to it and brightens the room a little more.

• suzyq53
    hace 4 años

I'd consider everything one color. Since you have very warm wood floor and cooler gray tile, a neutral light taupe would work with everything.

• PRO
    Paintzen, Inc.
    hace 4 años

Hi, there.

I agree with the rest of the comments that you should paint the living room and entryway the same color. Having a unifying shade will help the home feel more open when you arrive through the front door. If you're open to it, I'd consider replacing the gray tiles with wood flooring to match the entryway and dining area. If not, you can certainly leave as is but it would help the rooms feel like one open space instead of segmented rooms.

For paint color, I would go with one of two options. Either painting everything in a creamy white shade that will pair well with the brown furniture and brown/gray flooring such as PPG's Delicate White. Or, you could go dark on all the walls. If you choose to go that route I would go with a deeper shade of green that will complement all of the plants you have in your home. PPG's Moss Point Green is a gorgeous green that brings the beauty of the outdoors into your home. Whichever way you go, another trick to help your home feel more open and larger is to paint the trim the same color as the walls. Best of luck with your project!

You can order free swatches of both of these PPG colors on our website today at https://samples.paintzen.com/landing/all.

Don Torrance

Community Manager

don@paintzen.com

Paintzen

An easier way to paint your home.

www.paintzen.com

• Liz H
    hace 4 años

Before I move into any new place, I have the important spaces painted in Swiss Coffee, just to give things some freshness. I think that every paint manufacturer has its own version, but they’re all close enough, imo. It’s a color I can easily live with until inspiration strikes.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

You'll be happier in the long run if you match the flooring throughout. White is an excellent starter color for a new home. Fabrics and textiles should dictate the final paint selection, and be sure to upgrade lighting before you start selecting colors.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.