Houzz Logo Print
elisheva_a

laminate countertop color for pure white cabinets

Pinpoint
hace 4 años

Hi all,

I'm putting a new laminate countertop on some glossy white cabinets (I don't love the cabinets but don't want to spend to change them. That's not negotiable for this question).

I have samples of Wilsonart Calcutta Marble (left) and Formica Calacatta Marble (right), both of which I really like, but the samples don't seem nearly as pure white as the cabinets. Is that a huge design no-no? Does anyone have either and can tell me what they really look like in full size?

Once they're installed in large, will non-matching whites look worse or better?

My fallback option is Wilsonart Arctic Expedition, which is busier so any slight off-white won't show up as much, but I don't like it as much.

I need to stick to something very neutral, since I will also be putting on some Ocean Blue cabinets which I don't have yet.

TIA

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Spenard Builders Supply - Eagle River
    hace 4 años

The Wilsonart Calcutta Marble is super popular in my branch. I can say that it has a lot more variations in colors then the formica.

There is a visualizer option on Wilsonart.com which might give you a better idea of the design.

There is also a design a room option on Formica.com as well

I have attached basic Ideas from both websites.

• herbflavor
    hace 4 años

like the arctic expedition . I think it'll work better than the cold feel of the other two. It seems neutral with pattern to make it a subtle feature.........you could do a light gray or white backsplash with it. formica with some pattern/design like that always looks better to me.

• mainenell
    hace 4 años

I don’t feel either of Calcutta colors work with white cabinets. I don’t think the undertones of those laminates coordinate with the white.

• PRO
    ZIEGLER LUMBER CO
    hace 4 años

As a designer at my place of work i sell double if not more the amount of Wilsonarts Calacatta Marble . I love the dark black veining and color variation to it . It’s more forgiving. And like one of the other comments here ... marble isn’t bright white either ! :)

• Kendrah
    hace 4 años

I think either are fine, it doesn't matter that they are not the same white as the cabinets. The one on the left in the first picture looks best to me.

• remodeling1840
    hace 4 años

Before you choose, get a sample door with the exact blue color of the not yet installed cabinets. Otherwise you will be back here asking why the white and the blue don’t look the way you hoped when you picked the counter. Your new counter has to be friends with both the white and the blue, so it should be picked last.

• PRO
    Pinpoint
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks! I already checked them against the blue and thought both were good. Ended up going with the Wilsonart (left sample with sharp corners). Don't like it as much but it matches better, I think

• PRO
    Pinpoint
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

@ziegler--as far s I can tell, Wilsonart doesn't have a Calacatta Marble, only Calcutta. Is that the one you meant?

• salonva
    hace 4 años

oh good! I was going to say I prefer the one on the left (the one you went with!!). And will repeat that marble is not white white anyway and I am sure it' s going to look wonderful. Please post pix when done.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.