Houzz Logo Print
aden_gusic

Help! Pool area disaster

Medina Gusic
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

We have just removed our pool fence (complies with regulations) however the full view of our pool has always been obstructed by the flagstone patio paving. we have toyed with cutting back the paving area and putting in a set of stairs to update this area. I know it's a disaster but I have avoided spending even though I know my time has come to part with some$$.

Comentarios (15)

• Medina Gusic
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

crazy about crazy paving

• bigreader
    hace 4 años

I think you need a proper landscape plan. It would be money well spent to get a coordinated space. It is all very bitsy at the moment.

• oklouise
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

invest in a whole backyard landscaping plan including all the levels and if you can't see the water and surrounds from the house i would change all the retaining walls to make the whole area visible from inside...the pool has a vintage look and could be much more attractive, safer and more comfortable to use check mid century pools and gardens for some inspiration...maybe the stone could be recycled into shallower terraces down to the pool but you really need professional help for such a big job on a slope

• Gallifrey
    hace 4 años

Just curious, how it the pool complying without a fence?

• PRO
    Davidson Design Studio
    hace 4 años

Wow! Definitely some interesting things going on there with your garden and pool. I love the random stone and the pool shape. There is definitely a disconnect between the house, alfresco and swimming pool, however re-thinking of the spaces, the wall and access points would definitely improve that.

With so many elements at play, you really need to engage a professional to get your overall design right and make the space work best for you.

Good luck with the project!

• Medina Gusic
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Our council allows for pre 1992 pools to not be fenced as long as all the access doors from the house are self closing.

• PRO
    D'Cruz Design Group
    hace 4 años

We agree with 'bigreader' - your backyard and swimming pool has the potential to be amazing if you invest in engaging a good landscaper - all the best!

• siriuskey
    hace 4 años

Always take pool safety very seriously and make it the number one priority

• Kate
    hace 4 años

Bring back the fence. Drowning is silent and a fence allows guests with young children to relax

• User
    hace 4 años

My friends lost their little boy in just this scenario. Self closing doors are not sufficient.

And, I agree, it looks like you need a landscaping plan, (and a fence asap).

• averl
    hace 4 años

Start by painting that cream fence black and putting some pots in front of it to give the yard a bit of depth

• User
    hace 4 años

Clear glass pool fences can look amazing. As a parent of young kids I wouldn’t feel comfortable at all with this as little people learnt how to open doors and wander off.
    The area has potential.

• dave34north
    hace 4 años

All you need to do is replace the retaining wall with limestone blocks and repave the pool surrounds we also had the same crappy brown paving... you could put in steps for the slop or put in some fake lawn for the slope which would be easier... you wouldnt need to change the crazy paving as its still in good shape... you would get the most bang for your buck with changing just those things which really look dated.... this is the after and before look for our place.... I also recoated the pool which was a massive job...

• PRO
    Plants in a box
    hace 4 años

For a quick fix I'd suggest some nice big pots with plants like Strelitzia reginae, Rhapis excelsa, Philodendron xanadu, Rhoeo dwarf. For the wall you could put some shorter, longer pots with Dichondra Silver Falls which will cascade down the wall and break it up nicely. Good luck!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.