Houzz Logo Print
why75

Need help picking the color of interior shutters. White or black?

why75
hace 4 años

We have decided to get plantation shutters as window treatment throughout the house. It is a corner house with lot of windows. Front entrance faces east, garage entrance faces south and backyard faces north. I would like to keep the window treatment consistent on the elevations. I am really drawn to black painted shutters that I have seen on houzz and on Pinterest. Is there any cons in choosing black shutters over white? I would really appreciate getting expert advise on choosing the right color.

Front elevation - east

Garage side -south

north elevation

Inspiration photo

The interior colours used the house.

Comentarios (4)

• maddielee
    hace 4 años

The con: Black will show every speck of dust.

why75 agradeció a maddielee
  • Olychick
    hace 4 años

I agree. I can't even imagine keeping black shutters clean. My natural wood colored ones are bad enough. Dust magnets!

why75 agradeció a Olychick
  • PRO
    Amanda Rinke
    hace 4 años

I would eliminate black for the sole reason that you do not have enough (or in some elevations any) black trim on the exterior for it to tie into.

why75 agradeció a Amanda Rinke
  • jay06
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I think the windows from the outside would look like black holes when the shutters are closed.

why75 agradeció a jay06
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.