Houzz Logo Print
juliacali

Painted White vs. High Gloss Acrylic White Kitchen Cabinet Doors

juliacali
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

I want to remodel my kitchen to replace with white kitchen cabinets. We do a lot of stir fry cooking and noticed my current kitchen cabinet doors feel sticky from all the cooking. I should have done a better job wiping the doors after cooking.

For the new kitchen, I want white cabinets but can't decide between painted white shaker style cabinets vs. modern looking high gloss acrylic (non-Thermofil, with MDF inside) finish cabinets. I'm thinking that the high gloss flat panel cabinets may be easier to wipe down than the painted white cabinets (which I'm concerned will turn yellowish over time and with sun exposure from sky light in the kitchen). The acrylic finish I'm look at said it has UV and scratch resistant coating . Need some help figuring out the pros and cons of each option.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

First you need better venting for sure . I love my high gloss kitchen doors they do wipe off easily but I have a very good hood vent which runs before, during and after fo about 1/2 hr when I do Indian or stir fry cooking.

juliacali agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • juliacali
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you Patricia. Can you let me know which high gloss acrylic kitchen door brand you ended up using.

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 4 años

I would recommend acrylic over shaker painted, you are correct on your assumptions, i have flat panel acrylic and it is easier to clean

juliacali agradeció a Anthony Perez
  • PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
    hace 4 años

Look at the care information for the acrylic finish, to see if it's in line with your lifestyle.

juliacali agradeció a Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • Salvacion Dayao
    hace 3 años

Renovation of our kitchen going on ... Opted with acrylic high gloss cabinets and plywood boxes, Quartz countertops... I was advised to use acrylic flat doors on top cabinets and pvc on down cabinets as pvc can take better abuse ... google about it... and also don’t use wet cloths when wiping down the acrylic flat doors apparently not good for them.. according to google...

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.