Houzz Logo Print
natalie_monteleone77

Ceramic tile similar to white oak wood?

Nat M
hace 4 años

I love the look of white oak floors!! I mainly see them in engineered wood like attached pic. I am looking for a wood plank porcelain tile similar in color. Any ideas? Closest I have found is Datile in butter pecan, but I have only seen stock photos in it.

Custom White Oak Hardwood Floors · Más información

Comentarios (48)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 4 años

Would you also settle for a Solid wood option?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

IMO real wood is a much nicer choice for flooring unless you live in the tropics. It is nicer on feet, knees and backs and I think the whole wood look tile is going to be one of those things that will be on here with people getting rid of it.BTW if you have real wood next to it it really does not work.

• shead
    hace 4 años

Our friend who just did a 7 figure renovation of his home put a "wood look" tile in his basement. When I saw it, I immediately thought it looked off because wood look tiles are shorter and often wider as compared to real wood. In no way did it look like wood and it screamed "wood wannabe" which made me sad for him because he'd spent so much money. Like Patricia said, it will one day be one of those things people will be getting rid of because it screams "Two thousand teens" like harvest gold, avocado green, and thin wood paneling scream late 60's/70's.

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 4 años

Agreed! Go for the real thing.

Wide Plank White Oak Wood Floor in Nashville TN · Más información

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

Anyone have experience with heated wood floors vs. tile/stone ones? Just curious.

• jgulliford
    hace 4 años

We have engineered hardwood and tile on top of radiant heating. Tile is the best heat conductor, but engineered hardwood is fine too. You don’t notice the warmth as much on the wood floor as you do on the tile.

• PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    hace 4 años

Many manufacturers of wood look porcelain. It is actually a growing market and will be around for a long time in our opinion, just like stone effect tiles. Check out Marazzi, Porecelanosa (Ascot), Florida Tile, Interceramic, Panaria (North Cape), just to name a few.

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I find many higher end kinds that are the same exact with and length. I live in a humid area and wood of any sort is not a good choice for us with kids, pets ,etc. I woke up this morning to cat throw up all over my floors. If it was wood, it likely would have been an issue. Ceramic tile..no problem.lol

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

LB Interiors..do you have nay pictures of this in your home?

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

Thanks, jgulliford!

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

@Nat M. No pics of the tile posted, but just finished this wood-look tile project.

Online and camera images can many times differ with the real sample.

Website Image below

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

@BeverlyFLA

The OP is looking for a ‘similar Color’. In the photo example posted, there seems to be a wash of gray tones or white or both colors. We are not clear if the Op is looking for the Grain style also.

“Of the more than 600 species of oak that exist in the world, the most readily available are red oak and white oak. Both species are LIGHT BROWN in color."

White Oak is a type of wood. It can be left natural or stained any color. As with any other wood species. They all have different Grain designs.

Identifying Wood Grains – https://english.zeroone-pro.com/tennage/woodlist/

“Identifying different types of wood can be difficult even for experts, since some can look very similar especially after specific treatments.”

Online images and camera photos, can differ from the actual tile itself.

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I couldn't care less about grains. I simply want a ceramic tile similar in color to the picture or other white oak types of hardwood flooring. Thanks so much!

• PRO
    Nat M agradeció a LB Interiors
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

This is DalTile 'Butter Pecan' that you mentioned. Do you want this warmer coloring?

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I do t know what I want clearly lol! I am a realtor and when I go into new homes that have “distressed white oak floors “( this is what the builders are calling them) I am in love!!!!! I am attaching some pics of the floors i love as well as a ceramic tile I am curious of opinions on..

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

The last photo is a porcelain tile sample next to real white oak flooring..

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Favorite contenders so far

• Mrs. S
    hace 4 años

The grout is super important. I'd be super picky and try to match it perfectly. And use a tile expert who knows about large format, like this, and set up your expectations about how the floor is to be laid out (random, no pattern), and width of grout joints, and no transitions, and you go buy the grout and have the tiler practice with it so you can see how it will look.

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

It’s super helpful!! Thanks! Now I just need to find a color tile I can deal w !! Thanks ;)

• Mrs. S
    hace 4 años

Listen to Dragonfly. But still insist on seeing the grouted samples first ;)

One more tip: buy a box of tile and lay it out and move it around your house before you pull that final trigger. Make sure it's "the one."

• Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Unfortunately I don’t have time to buy the box .. otherwise that would be an awesome idea. I am building and using a contractor. We have a completion date and are on somewhat of a time crunch. I also don’t think they have grouted samples. Right now my biggest hurdle is finding a tile that looks similar to what I am looking for. If anyone has an options I am all ears!

• Mrs. S
    hace 4 años

Well, you have to visit tile stores. Flooring stores. Don't you live where there are some around?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

To help in choosing your product, choose your top priorities. List these in order of your top preferences.

A couple of your decisions have been made in your comments

Often times we need to 'compromise all our wants' in choosing the final product depending on availability and research. Labels by manufacturers or vendors can be misleading. For the same product, they can be labeled differently.

1. Material - porcelain tile, ceramic tile, engineered wood

2. Color Palette - white, gray, charcoal, beige, tan, brown, yellow, gold, red

3. Color Saturation - light, mid-tone, dark

4. Grain - oak, or other grains

5. Texture - low, medium (smooth or rough)

6. Size of planks

7. Finish - matte, low sheen, mid sheen, gloss

Nat M agradeció a LB Interiors
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 4 años

I've done wood-look porcelain tile in a kitchen where the owners had dogs and didn't want their claws to scratch the wood. We used Crossville's SpeakEasy:

Prospect St. Kitchen · Más información

Prospect St. Kitchen · Más información

I think it looks great.

• Bri Bosh
    hace 4 años
    You have to visit tile stores in person. I wouldn’t make a decision like this based off an internet photo.
  • Nat M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I have visited in person and I posted above samples that I have gotten. I have been to about 10 stores.

• Raul Pino
    hace 4 años

@Nat M where did you find the tile where you have the sample laid over the hardwood floors?

• flashpolkadot
    hace 4 años

Just came across this post and thought I would chime in ... even though Nat's last response was back in May (Nat I'm sure you have completed your install already). I too have scoured the internet and multiple tile stores in a 50 mile radius, looking for the same thing you are - and have not yet found 'the one'. I have not found anything that looks exactly like real white oak hardwood flooring :-( . I am now considering LVP. Provenza has a beautiful line called Moda Living. Instagram is filled with new modern farmhouse builds that are using the stuff and it looks beautiful. But then I read about LVP not increasing the value of the home (if I'm gonna drop 10K to 15K on a new floor - it would be nice to get some of that back at some point). So then I think - maybe I just pull the trigger on hardwood. But, I live in South Florida - and so many people say 'don't do it'. I have another 2 months to decide but how the heck do I make that decision (rhetorical question). @Nat - what did you finally decide on? Can you post pictures?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 4 años

Any real wood products can be left natural or can be stained. I would find the pattern of the real wood you like (if wanting hardwood) and then stain it the final color that you like, which is only determined by a qualified finisher to achieve that color, on the type of oak grain you want. Undertones and specie makes a difference with stain color.

Many businesses that sell stain, usually have a 'chart' that displays a specific color of stain on a specific type of wood. Plus, there are many colored stains available. Maybe that will help you.

• Amy
    hace 3 años

What did you settle on?

• Peyton Poynter
    hace 3 años

@Nat M what did you decide on? Currently having the same dilemma in our home and dying to know what you picked.

• Kendra Vaalemoen
    hace 3 años

houzz://user/natalie_monteleone77 I’m in the same boat as well! Can you post a picture of what you settled on?

• Kim Goings
    hace 2 años

Im watching to, please let us know.

• Vanessa Martell
    hace 2 años

Watching

• lovepatterns
    hace 2 años

any updates? by anyone? I am considering replacing my 20+ year old square ceramic tiles with either wood look porcelain or a wood veneer product.

• Joanne R
    hace 2 años

I am looking at one at Floor and Decor - it’s Canterbury Chestnut. Saw it in person and it is really nice. If you go to the website ignore the 1st room photo posted. It looks nothing like that

• cathermans
    hace 2 años

Any updates on a tile that looks like white oak? I’m on a search for this also! Pics would be greatly appreciated!!

• Emily Konopasek
    el último año

Any update to this post? im in the same boat now - Nat was this pic of yours tile or wood? its perfect

• Sophia Edwards
    hace 11 meses

I’d love to know what this is. It is what I am looking for.

• PRO
    Whizgirl Designs
    hace 11 meses

Following!

• Sophia Edwards
    hace 11 meses

I wish she’d come back and give us the details. Lol.

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    hace 11 meses
    Última modificación: hace 11 meses

Riva Spain brand has all these TILE — RIVA SPAIN matched with their 10" wood floors COLLECTION RIVA MAX — RIVA SPAIN

• frulu
    hace 9 meses

This one at Floor and Decor is really nice. It is a 10x72 inch plank, and even has very subtle texturing so it looks like wire brushing when the light catches it at an angle. 

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porcelain-tile/sedon-lodge-natural-wood-plank-porcelain-tile-100983915.html

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.