Houzz Logo Print
baseballmom94

X or Grid Pattern Mullions in Upper Glass Cabinets?

baseballmom94
hace 4 años

I'm down to the wire on selecting cabinetry for my new house. I'm trying to decide on whether to select an X pattern or traditional grid pattern for the upper glass door stacked cabinets. I'm drawn to the X pattern but don't want it to look dated eventually. Any thoughts?

Baseballmom94's Home Ideas · Más información

Comentarios (10)

• silken1
    hace 4 años

I don't know anything about how dated one way or another looks. But I don't like the X pattern. I much prefer the other way with squares or rectangles created by the grid.

• mmilos
    hace 4 años

I would consider what other windows you have in the house and space. If you have diamond pattern windows, maybe go for the X pattern. If you have rectangular muntins, go with the rectangular. If you don't have any muntins, go for all glazing.

• PRO
    New York Hardware
    hace 4 años

The X-pattern looks Roman-esc? Not a bad thing. However, do you have to have a grid-pattern? Maybe just a clear, textured or frosted glass as alternatives?

Btw, , , we'll be happy to supply your cabinet hardware :-)

Your New York Hardware Team!

www.nyhardware.com

info@nyhardware.com

• K Laurence
    hace 4 años

I would prefer none, but I like simplicity. Between the two I would opt for the classic square or rectangular grid.

• PRO
    Icon Building Group
    hace 4 años

baseballmom94,

We do many stacked cabinet options and if you follow the overall selections the X pattern is never selected and typically only see this application in a cabinet showroom circumstance. The most recent trend I would say is without any grids and that look is timeless. I gave you a few recent examples that have different configurations. Good Luck

• User
    hace 4 años

Does that overly ornamented look go with the rest of the house? If the kitchen doesn't match the house, which one do you think you should change?

• baseballmom94
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Thank you all so much! I plan to go with the traditional grid pattern! Icon Building Group, thanks for the input about current client choices and the photos. Now on to the vent hood design which will be a new thread!

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 4 años

No to grids of any kind! I'm SO glad I read that advice on GW before I re-did my kitchen 3 years ago!!! A friend on the Vineyard put in a new kitchen, and it has standard square grids, and it drives her crazy as there is no way to properly arrange her cabinets and have the shelves line-up with the grids. What's surprising is that an architect designed her kitchen. I know - not great at kitchen design, but surely he would have realized the grid problem. Apparently not...

• K R
    hace 4 años
    I’d just leave them plain glass fronts or frosted glass. It’s already hard enough to decorate them, and it does make them more fussy and difficult to clean. I’ve lived with our plain glass fronts for a year now, and I think I’m having my tint guy come in and frost them now...I just can’t get the decor right up there...
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.