Houzz Logo Print
lee_miller31

White kitchen cabinets with laminate countertop

Lee Miller
hace 4 años

I’m planning on doing a white cabinet kitchen reno and I’m trying to decide on what colour or style of laminate to do. Ideally i would like to have a white countertop of some sort either in a white Carrara look or something similar. I Want to have a seamless L shaped corner because I don’t like the look of seams but the only way to do this is to have a bevelled edge. I also want to have the tight edge look on the countertops that wrap around the edges to give it a more realistic stone or solid piece look. I am worried about what specifically white carrara or just white laminate seams will look like. Will you see brown on the seams well? Are there way around this? What have people done and are there are pictures of kitchens like what I am describing that I could use for help, piece of mind or inspiration? Thanks

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 4 años

The short answer is yes, you will see a brown line on the edge and if there is a seam you will see it, in order to avoid the seam your counter cannot exceed 120" depending on the color you choose

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 4 años

correction sheets come in a 4' x 10' or 4 feet by 12 feet (48" x 144" long)

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 4 años

and some 60 inches x 144, check with the color to see what is available

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    hace 4 años

Plain Carrara is an awesome value. Please do consider that. If you want laminate, go for a plain color- black is nice in a white kitchen.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    hace 4 años

There are beautiful laminate patterns these days. However , as Cook said, they aren't always so cost effective when you start going with the specialty edges that get rid of that " brown " seam. The best thing for you to do is get a price both ways - then decide where the best place is to put your dollars!

Best of luck and post pictures when done!

• Lee Miller
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

What is a plain Carrara?

• MaryAnne Smith
    hace 4 años

Try a search on "solid core laminate" and see what comes up. Quite a few years ago we had solid core white laminate installed in our kitchen. It was white throughout so there was no dark color at the seam. I don't know if such a thing would be available in a patterned laminate.

• gtcircus
    hace 4 años
    One thing to look at, go to your fabricator bone yard, in my small town that is the tomb stone guy who also does counter tops. He has a bone yard of scrap slabs that you can get cheap. See if that option is worth the up charge before you decide on laminate.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 4 años

Plastic laminate will never etch. Carrara can etch from a sneeze. But that's mother nature.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.