Houzz Logo Print
webuser_239225272

Carpet for stairs

We are replacing our flooring and only the stairs (one set to second level and one set to basement) and second level will have carpet. I like the look of patterned carpet on the stairs, but prefer solid for the bedrooms. Should we put the patterned carpet through the hallway or just to the top of the stairs? Or should we forget the patterned carpet and just do solid throughout? We have pets and young kids. This layout is similar to ours.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    WorkingWonders™
    hace 5 años

Using a pattern on the stairs that is well-coordinated with the solid(s) used in the bedrooms is a great look. Have you chose colors? If there is hardwood flooring on the stairs and hallway, using runners on those can also create a nice transition between the patterned and solid carpet.

• PRO
    Maraya Interior Design
    hace 5 años

I Absoultey agree with Working Wonders. Having wood flooring on stairs with runners is the best, but less affordable.

• Usuario de Houzz-239225272
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you! Unfortunately we are priced out of doing wood flooring on the stairs. Since they are open on one side with spindles the cost is just too high. We are thinking of gray solid carpets and a gray and white pattern for the stairs. The entire second floor will be carpet.

• PRO
    WorkingWonders™
    hace 5 años

Don't be concerned about not doing wood flooring. With the right combination of solid(s) and pattern, it will be beautiful. I think continuing the patterned carpet into the hallway, then transitioning to solid color(s) for the bedrooms, will provide a better visual flow. The elegant combination of gray and soft whites/ivories have been popular this past year in our Earth Weave and Natural Rugs and Carpet lines. Since you wrote that you have children and pets you may want to check out Earth Weave's sustainability (non-toxic) criterion to use as a baseline for vetting any carpet line you look at. http://www.earthweave.com/did-you-know-main

• Chessie
    hace 5 años

I also love patterned carpet on stairs, and that is exactly what I did. It took me forever to find a patterned carpet with a matching fiber solid, but I did. The room upstairs is a solid plush, of the same fiber as the patterned.( Please ignore that old floor - it has been replaced since this picture.)

• Therese R
    hace 5 años

aww, now I want to replace my old stair carpet (goes to basement) I'm adding it to the list behind a few projects! Good luck!!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.