Houzz Logo Print
vani_chandra

Rug and other wall decor ideas and colors?

Vani Chandra
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Comentarios (39)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 5 años

Can you try having The sofas face eachother kinda floating in the room..than add a huge rug under the sofas...your coffee table looks to small the way you have the room layed out I t will look much better between the sofas when facing eachother. Do you need six chairs at your table? I think it will look much better with just four matching chairs....will The colors stay as is?

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

If i put sofa facing each other then the room start Looking small. Yes I do agree with your coffee table Suggestion but when I got it, the dining table was not there and I would put the 2 blue ottoman facing the beige sofa. But what do you think about the rug? It is even necessary? This is a heavy traffic area In my house. 9x 12 rug size is what seem to cover the area.

• IdaClaire
    hace 5 años

I would have a really hard time not introducing even more pink into this space, as what you have now is so fresh and fun! I don't think you can go wrong with a beautiful Persian, as they complement nicely traditional, modern, and eclectic decor. Love this one in magenta.

https://esalerugs.com/magenta-10x13-mashad-persian-rug-22496996?pos=82&rt=aisle

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 5 años

Can you do a quick layout for me..just draw out the walls ,archways doors..with the measurements...your big empty space is just not working with all furniture against the walls.

• PRO
    Design Alibi
    hace 5 años

Beautiful art piece above the sofa. If you add a complementary piece next to it in the same vein and size then it will help to elevate the look tremendously and cost effectively. If budget allows, floater frames around the art pieces will also add a lot of volume and depth. Hope this helps; cheers!

• calidesign
    hace 5 años

I love the colors you've used in the room. I would try a textured rug of some sort - either a natural color to coordinate with your blinds, or a white/cream.

Casa en Madrid · Más información

Pastel Interior · Más información

Wilton Whole Home Renovation · Más información

Alternatively, try one with brighter colors incorporating your greens and blues.

Richmond, 1930's refurbishment · Más información

• Manon Floreat
    hace 5 años

I love orange and pink together. Here are a couple of ideas.

You can keep it funky by adding more boldness in blue:

Or you could go a little more muted with the pinks and oranges:

I agree with Ida, that a Persian would also work - they work most anywhere!

• salonva
    hace 4 años

I think the second one- the muted one above from Manon would be great!!

• PRO
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

Is your tv cabinet gray?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

Just having fun here is a quick idea board:)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

If you have the sofas face each other you only will need a 8x10 rug....than you could add a pretty glass slender sofa table on back wall under the art and store The ottomans under it..what is the size of the ottomans?

• Gcubed
    hace 4 años

following

• niccidhg
    hace 4 años
    Vani, I love your pink with orange color scheme. I have been pondering your room/ furniture arrangement for the longest time and you do really have a hard -to -work -with situation there with stairs, a hallway, an exterior door, a large dining table.... I think where you have things now probably is the best way to keep it open. So, as a next best option, I would suggest delineating the dining and seating areas a bit more with the use of two rugs to define each area. This 8’ x10’ rug (below) could go under the dining table. Then think about getting either a neutral piece of broadloom carpeting bound to a size that includes the sofa legs but extends to the middle of the room — or maybe a sisal. —- Could you pull the beige sofa out from the wall a bit and use a small console table behind it so the two sofas aren’t both lined up against walls ? — Also, can the dining table be moved out just a smidge from the corner ? It seems that two of the chairs aren’t useable , as it is so tight against the wall.
  • niccidhg
    hace 4 años
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I really don’t think you should come in the back door and walk between the sofas? And the coffee table can’t be used by either sofas to far away..it is just floating in the middle..make it cozy with the sofa in the middle of the room with a rug so you can have traffic walk around the seating area..would love to know the measurement of the room.

• niccidhg
    hace 4 años
    Could the TV and cabinet be moved in front of the window so you could position the beige sofa across from where the orange one now ?sits
  • niccidhg
    hace 4 años
    Ooops ! ....sits?
  • J J
    hace 4 años
    following
  • salonva
    hace 4 años

ooh I love that one too Home Interiors. Totally different directions but all just lovely.

• Dawn Martinez
    hace 4 años

A couple different rug looks... beautiful colors in your room. Enjoy!

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I like the idea of floating shelves around the art. Even though the wall is big enough to accommodate the shelves, do you think the focus will go away from the artwork?

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

@niccidhg I am happy that you noticed the layout so clearly.

1) I do want to stick to the open space. I have tried different layout before and thinks this furniture layout has worked best and gives the room a larger feel.

2) I definitely want to add 2 rugs. One under the dining( 8x10) works best for the large dining space I have. Second, between the two sofa- (9x12) is what I have measured fits perfectly. I do really like the rug option you shared. It actually has all the colors in the living. Do you think the pattern will get hidden under the table?

My thought as you also suggested was to add neutral rug(sisal is a good option too) between the two sofa legs. This is a very busy area for us so I want something which is easy cleaning and the dirt doesn't show if something spills. Any recommendation/ things to look for when choosing the rug for this area?

3) I will give this a try and see how much space it takes of the living area " Could you pull the beige sofa out from the wall a bit and use a small console table behind it so the two sofas aren’t both lined up against walls ? "

4) Great observation regarding the dining table setup- It is done intentionally for now. 2 chairs are usable but yes you are correct, it can be moved may be about 2-3 inches. What I need to move is the chair under the wall art. That is little tight for now. So the setup will be moved completely once I have a rug(Hopefully soon :-))

Thanks for the detailed comment feedback:-) Love it

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Home Interiors with Ease I love all your suggestions. I will try to get the measurements for you. The rug option is really good. I think it ties well with beige, orange and blue theme. It has that grey tone to it which can complement the dining too. What a great find I must say.

Regarding coffee table it does look little small specially in the pictures because I have to take pictures from a distance to cover the area. I do entertain a lot so that is the time we use the coffee table more. But in general, I tend too use the accent table. So you think I should change my coffee table? I like the metallic touch, it does give a elegant glam feel to the room and complements the dining. But I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for creating the idea board.

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

niccidhg If i move the tv cabinet in front of the window, it will block the view and the light. In the past, I have thought of tv cabinet in place of where orange sofa sits currently and the orange sofa in place of Tv cabinet. Also have tried forming almost a Lshape between beige and orange sofa and Tv cabinet in front of the big wall(where the colored artwork is ) I didn't like that setup: 1) it is a lot of waste in space. 2) I hate the idea when someone enters the room they see the back or the sofa.

Thats why after lot of permutations and combinations, the current setup gives a little open feeling and the space looks big enough. May be its because of the coffee table too being small.

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

IdaClaire I like Persian rugs too. Do you think a lighter color would look good? While I am always up for Persian rug and think they can add $$$ to the room look, I am not sure how to incorporate in this setup. Do you think kit will take away the glam/ bold/ eclectic look of this room?

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

IdaClaire I like Persian rugs too. Do you think a lighter color would look good? While I am always up for Persian rug and think they can add $$$ to the room look, I am not sure how to incorporate in this setup. Do you think kit will take away the glam/ bold/ eclectic look of this room?

Can you please suggest more rug options?

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Design Alibi any suggestion on what type of flotation shelves to use? What accent pieces can go along with it? or do you think plant (pathos or hanging succulents) would look good on both side of the picture? This thought came as I do want to add greens in the setup but not sure where can I add.

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

calidesign I do like the idea of neutral color rugs. Specially because there are multiple colors already in the room. Also, I do tend to change the cushion covers a lot so I definitely want some rug which can tie the whole room together and I don't have to restrict myself from changing the colors theme.

Any specific budget friendly rug options? what texture and pattern to look for?

• Vani Chandra
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Manon Floreat Wow. I love the blue option which makes the room so bold. However I hate to say it but I am little afraid to try it in this room. My reason is because I do change the cushion covers seasonally and other accent pieces so I am thinking will it be difficult to change the colors of the cushions ?

• calidesign
    hace 4 años

Look on OverStock for rugs. I would try to find a mainly neutral color like your roman shades. You could also look for one that incorporates small amounts of pink, orange, green or blue, so it will work even when you change your main color scheme. A lot is personal preference whether you like the natural fibers or want something softer.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

Vani........do a quick layout of the space with measurements..would love to suggest a different layout for you....way to far away from the TV and you can’t reach the coffee table?

• ashtonchic
    hace 4 años

Here is a rug that I think would look great in your LR,

Safavieh Monaco Multi/ Beige Rug (9' x 12') - 17556168 - Overstock.com Shopping · Más información

• oaktonmom
    hace 4 años

Having the sofas facing each other makes tv viewing difficult.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    hace 4 años

Maybe one of these original artworks would add some texture and contrast to your wall. Here are some ideas to ponder. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

Frida Kahlo Portrait 2 · Más información

Lord Krishan ( god of love ) · Más información

Mixed media - Koi fish painting · Más información

• decormyhomepls
    hace 4 años

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

I have my sofas facing each other and love it...can lay down and view TV so comfy and when entertaining it is a very comfortable conversation set up....ground the sofas with a beautiful rug.....your metal and glass table will fit perfectly between the sofas....Vani need size of room? Any update? Remember when trying new layouts you need to live with it for a week..it takes time for your eyes to adjust and really enjoy it...beautiful space a lot of potential.....

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 4 años

You could ground the space with a glam gray textured rug too!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.