Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_benton54

Layout for All-In-One Room - Need Advice!

Elizabeth Benton
hace 5 años

I have a 20x15 room with three 6' windows and one 6' sliding door (left-hand side). It needs to be a bedroom, nursery, living space and office for me since I work from home. I've devised the pictured floorplan - do you have a better idea?

My issues with this floor plan are -

- No clear accent wall

- Small space for my daughter who will need a section of this room to call 'her own'

- Minimal office storage

- Minimal wardrobe and kid's stuff storage

Ignore the word 'rug' as I could not delete it from the floorplan :)

Thank you!

Comentarios (5)

• auntthelma
    hace 5 años

How about a Murphy bed or pull out sofa? Your bed is taking up the whole room. How old is your daughter?

A tip - look up. Can storage be in a loft or on a wall shelf? Is there ceiling space to create a loft bed for your daughter with play space below?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

For starters I would have a sofa bed insted of a regular one. Since you will be going to bed at the same time as your child .How old is your child ? Can you build a wall for her so she has an actual bedroom space with a window. I have a 25x15 LR and I could see it being divided for a very small bedroom at one end then a sofa bed and a desk in the rest of the space. I am not sure how closets are going to work but maybe some pics of the space would help. Your daughter could have under bed storage for most of her clothesand toys I guess.

• Kate E
    hace 5 años
    If you already have the sofa- then I’d say consider a Murphy bed. If you don’t already have a sofa- then get a sofa bed so it can do double duty. Then during the day, the space the Murphy bed frees up can be play space for your daughter. If you can’t put up walls, you could either hang long curtains from the ceiling to create a visual barrier, that can be easily opened and closed, or get a wooden (or other material) decorative screen to partition off whatever area you’re not using at the moment. I agree with exploring the vertical - take advantage of space above your heads for storage. Floor to ceiling peg boards or shelving can be helpful too!
  • PRO
    Manhattan Home Design
    hace 5 años

Hi, Elizabeth! As other have said, I'd really consider your bed in terms of saving some valuable space. Maybe a daybed you can use to sleep at night but as a sofa and it wouldn't have to look out of place during the day. In terms of office storage, you can always consider the possibility of going paperless as much as it's possible for you. I hope this can help you!

• Elizabeth Benton
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks everyone! I don't have a very large budget, and I prefer having a King-size bed for my husband, daughter, and myself if she chooses to bedshare. She's currently 6 months old and cuddles with me every night! I also like having the sofa because I do host visitors, so the option of pulling that out into a bed is ideal. I've looked at doing some wall shelves next to the rocker by the crib, underbed storage and adding space under my desk as well. I think that'll help a lot, but I'm still missing wardrobe space. The baby has so much stuff she almost uses the entire 6-drawer dresser I have!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.