Houzz Logo Print
cmschatton

PVC Fencing dilemna

Celina
hace 5 años
Have just purchased my first home (yay!) and want to fence in the front yard. The house is a weatherboard cottage in a small country town, so I'm looking for fencing to match the style. I'm single, so budget is limited. Not sure that I want the maintenance of a timber picket fence, but I found PVC picket fences. Apparently the quality of this product has improved vastly over the years, and some come with a 30 year warranty. A good friend is telling me that it will look awful within 5 years. Any advice?

Comentarios (6)

• julie herbert
    hace 5 años
    Hi Celina, I have read that PVC fencing is a great product, saying that it will outlast timber, they look very stylish and maintenance is so much less than timber, do a little research but I think your choice is a great one.
  • Celina
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hi Julie, I was very keen as well until my friend told me it would look horrible in a few years. I've tried googling reviews, but the only ones I could find were on horse pages, and my fence will only be subject to abuse from rose bushes and 2 small Australian Terriers if they are game to take on the thorns!
  • julie herbert
    hace 5 años
    Hi Celina,
    Google pvc picket fencing, look at the website of think fencing, it will answer all your questions and set your mind at rest, I am sure your little dogs and roses won’t worry your fence at all, I think you are on the right track of having a good looking fence for a lot more years than a timber one. Best of luck.
  • PRO
    Knotwood
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hey Celina! Also have a look at our Aluminium fencing system. It comes in 40 wood grain colours as well as the all the standard powder coat range. Head over to our website for more information.

• natalienorm
    hace 2 años

Hey Celina I would definitely go for PVC Fencing 100%. PVC is a genuine and proven high-quality material. Its characteristics include Weather resistance, Durability, Requiring less maintenance, etc.Making it the most reliable fencing material option currently available on the market. These guys did a great job on my fence if you are still looking for one!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.