Houzz Logo Print
pennyrickymila

Fabulous design! What is the fountain constructed of?

pennyrickymila
hace 5 años
Thank you!
College Crescent · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• villaaurora
    hace 4 años

What type of tree is growing against the wall ?

• PRO
    John Davies Landscape
    hace 4 años

The trees are carpinus betulus (hornbeam) in pleached form.

• villaaurora
    hace 4 años

Thanks for the speedy response. That's what I guessed as the Hornbeam seems to be the tree of choice for pleaching. We are evaluating them for our yard in Vancouver.

• villaaurora
    hace 4 años

Sorry, should have thought to look them up before responding. Are they Caripinus betulus "Fastigiata" or "Emerald Avenue" or perhaps another variety ?

Also, do you have a preferred species of Buxus ?

Finally, I'm guessing that the clematis you have planted against the wall is an evergreen Clematis Armandii ??

• PRO
    John Davies Landscape
    hace 4 años

No problem. Just Carpinus betulus. They are very good for pleaching but you could also consider lime, beech, acer campastre or even liquidambar. Deciduous trees make the best pleach as they are faster growing. The buxus here is sempervirens but we don't really use buxus at the moment. There are too many problems ie blight and Asian box moth - don't know if you have these problems your way? Climbers on the back wall are pileostegia viburnoides and on the side is Trachelospermum jasminoides and clematis alba luxurians.

• kmusiala
    el último año

Would you recommend pleaching a bay tree? We are in Australia but I also like the idea of using the bay leaves in the kitchen.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.