Houzz Logo Print
hannah_breitzmann

Help! My indoor baby avocado tree is not happy :(

hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Hello everyone! I am really hoping someone can help me. I started an avocado tree from seed about a year ago. I live in MN, so it's indoors by a sunny window. It's about 1.5 feet tall now with 14 leaves and seems pretty happy. However, I've been noticing that the tips on most of the leaves are brown and crunchy, and some of the leaves have big brown patches. But then yesterday I noticed that two of the newer leaves are a weird brown/rusty color and are a bit droopier. I'm not sure what caused this. It is planted in cactus/citrus soil, which I thought was good for avocados, and I water it whenever the top looks dry. I haven't noticed any bugs or anything. Any thoughts? Thank you!!

Comentarios (5)

• hace 5 años

What is the indoor humidity level in your house? Is it near a radiator or heating vent? Dry air is tough on plants.

Do you ever fertilize it? If so, with what and at what concentration and frequency?

Hannah Breitzmann agradeció a NHBabs z4b-5a NH
  • hace 5 años

Im not sure what the humidity is but the plant is in my dorm so it’s probably not super humid in there. The dresser it’s on is right above the heater so that might be part of it. I don’t fertilize it at all.

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Your plant is doing extremely well considering it is eventually doomed (insufficient light and air circulation is the usual problem for indoor avocados). Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy it while it's there and see how long you can keep it going. BTW seedling avocados can take up to ten years to produce any fruit.

Hannah Breitzmann agradeció a Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden
  • hace 5 años

Get a plastic base to put under it, fill with small pebbles, stones, or even glass pieces. Then keep water in it to raise humidity. Don't let pot sit in water which is why stones to hold it above water.

Hannah Breitzmann agradeció a mymom51
  • hace 5 años

Looks fine to me. Avocados growing where I live all get browning at the tips and much worse than that. It’s the dry air. Mine have all been doing fine regardless for years, although they do need to be outside.

Hannah Breitzmann agradeció a SW (Sydney, USDA 10b)
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.