Houzz Logo Print
mikhalzambon

Master Bath remodel 2019

Mikhal Zambon
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

It's been 20 years in the planning, (AND budgeting) but it's finally done. I'll start concept/completion, then show the before & afters.

Comentarios (25)

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• lefty47
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

HI -- So what are you wanting people to say or do you still have questions ? I am going to assume the all tile bath is the new... right ? So you planed this for 20 years but ,... did you up date your plans over the 20 years because .... I think the new bath looks dated because of all the mixes of tiles ( counted 6 )and colors ....sorry !! I saw tiled baths similar to this in the late 80's and early 90's that we were ripping out then. This is just my opinion but I don't like the way it looks .

• dmpsd
    hace 5 años

That is a cool bathtub. I have never seen anything like it before. I hope you enjoy your new open space for years to come.

• girlnamedgalez8a
    hace 5 años

Wow! Very interesting, I enjoyed having a peek. Lefty, that is just rude.

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you for your comments. Thank you for your input, Lefty. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but if I had a tub that overflowed into the shower like this in the 80's I would've never changed it! It's my favorite part :-)

• Karenseb
    hace 5 años

That is a very clever overflow!

I like your tub surround. Is that granite?

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

The stone is Quartzite. Fusion is the color. Supposed to be harder than granite. I just loved the movement and the color.

• amanda99999
    hace 5 años

The tub is awesome!

What is the walkway width to get to the toilet (at the pony wall right next to the toilet) - seems tight in the picture but guessing its larger than it seems?

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    hace 5 años

That's amazing to see your dream tub become reality. It looks great!

• Kris Bruesehoff
    hace 5 años

Looks very Inviting! so many nice touches including the wine. Enjoy!

• PRO
    Barrett Floors
    hace 5 años

Very creative tub indeed! I have been contemplating an entire recessed tub idea. Personally I am a fan of big, deep tubs and relaxing in them . Enjoy!

• PRO
    HomeDecorAZ
    hace 5 años

Very well done! We love the pebble floor and, of course, the tub-shower flow. All the elements work together to create an inviting and warm ambience.

And we love that you actually posted a picture of yourself enjoying your amazing tub! That's really what it's all about -- creating space that you love!

Mikhal Zambon agradeció a HomeDecorAZ
  • PRO
    Door Corner
    hace 5 años

Love the pebble floor and the tile! Great work and enjoy! Well deserved.

• Cyndy
    hace 5 años

Interesting design. Is the tub comfortable?

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Tub is Very comfortable with the sloping angles on both ends. Burly, construction husband who says he never takes baths fell asleep in it the other day! (he'd kill me if he knew I posted this!)

• Mikhal Zambon
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

amanda99999, the distance between the pony wall & wall to get to the toilet is 27". The same width I had before when it literally WAS a water closet! Doesn't feel tight at all. I had a small space to work with to begin with, so not much choice. Left is the before layout.

• lefty47
    hace 5 años

HI -- Aww poor tired baby ... he must work hard and thank gawd for bubble bath !!

• cat_mom
    hace 5 años

Very unique and very special!

• Sammy
    hace 5 años

You should remove that photo of your husband. Not only is it inappropriate for this site, it’s an invasion of your husband’s privacy.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 5 años

Amazing master bathroom transformation! It looks very elegant and stunning!

• Mrs Pete
    hace 5 años

That is a cool bathtub. I have never seen anything like it before.

I've seen the concept before.

The tub is called a Roman tub, and they've never exactly been commonplace, but they had a moment in the sun ... in the 70s?

Years ago, when we were engaged to be married, we looked at a house that had a couple-steps-up shower with an "open bottom edge" that flowed into a sunken tub. The shower and tub were both done in jet black and looked like a place for Burt Reynolds to relax after driving around in his Firebird Trans-Am.

The function /concept absolutely work, but I think the size and tile are a bit more than most people would've chosen; personally, I think if the gray tile had been a neutral, it would've been more restful ... regardless, it's nice to see a bathroom that isn't cookie-cutter.

if I had a tub that overflowed into the shower like this in the 80's I would've never changed it! It's my favorite part :-)

That's a cool idea ... take your shower, let your water go into the tub for an after-shower soak ... but how does the water get from the shower to the tub? Unless you're purposefully aiming the shower head at the tub, doesn't most of the water disappear down the shower drain?

Looks very Inviting! so many nice touches including the wine.

Details are well thought-out:

- I like the simple shelf that rests on the tub ledge and the niche.

- I'd skip the wine, but I like the shelves for towels, candles, whatever.

- I assume that wide tub filler does the job in a hurry.

- I like the shower wand in the tub ... sometimes I like to wash my hair in the tub, and it'd definitely be a boon for cleaning.

- One detail I'd go back and add: some grab bars. A tub this big can be difficult to enter /leave, especially as you age.

Personally I am a fan of big, deep tubs and relaxing in them

I want a DEEP tub, but I have no desire for a large tub. Too much water to fill, and -- being so short -- I'd slip under the water, if I weren't paying attention every minute. Since I have a tendency to fall asleep in the tub, that wouldn't be good for me.

That's really what it's all about -- creating space that you love!

Totally agree.

(he'd kill me if he knew I posted this!)

No jury in America would convict him. Just sayin'

The same width I had before when it literally WAS a water closet! Doesn't feel tight at all. I had a small space to work with to begin with, so not much choice.

I like that the toilet area is open and bright, but the entrance does appear to be a pinch point. Nice storage too, and I notice you'd be able to reach a clean towel from the shower area.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.