Houzz Logo Print
martin_conneally

Kitchen Extraction for open plan space

Martin Conneally
hace 5 años

Hi I wanted to get some advice on extraction for our new kitchen. Although not fully open plan, the kitchen does lead to the living room and I want to minimize the food smells in the area whilst having the quietest I can - I don't mind pay more for a decent product - around £750-£1000.

The extractor will be wall amounted above the hob and there is no preference on it being standalone or within a wall mounted cupboard. Any advice and /or recommendations gladly appreciated. Thanks

Comentarios (8)

• minipie
    hace 5 años

Several Falmec ones have been awarded the Quietmark https://www.quietmark.com/products/home/kitchen/cooker-hoods

Falmec is an excellent quality brand but no idea of price sorry.

• Tani H-S
    hace 5 años
    The Neff one I have has a low noise level but you can get v v low noise ones but they are easily over £1k so this was our next option down.

I would also look at quiet wall extractors as well (like the type you have in a bathroom) as for kitchens they are more powerful and you can get quiet ones as well. Helps extracts the smells faster.
  • PRO
    Anderson Sinclair Ltd
    hace 5 años

Bora are very good, another brand we use a lot is Air Uno, they have multiple motor and ducting options that can help fit in with any design. They have some very decorative hoods too if that's something you're interested in?

Give us a call on 0208 508 1941 to discuss some pricing!

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    hace 5 años

Novy is another brand that is very quiet, not sure on prices but i should imagine that they're pricey due to the extra work involved in making them quiet.

• rinked
    hace 5 años

Novy has the best specs, as far as I know. Does Siemens/Bosch sell in the UK too?

• minipie
    hace 5 años

Thank you for the mention of Novy above! I’d never heard of them but looked it up and will now be getting one of their ceiling hoods.

By the way, www.neutratest.com is a brilliant website for comparing cooker hoods.

• Martin Conneally
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks for all the suggestions.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.