Houzz Logo Print
sackss

direction for 12x24 tile

Yugi Foster
hace 5 años

I am having my bathroom remodeled and need to decide the direction (and pattern) for the charcoal gray floor tile. the vanity will be at the left of the top picture, closet with bifold doors on the right. Shower and toilet in small room straight ahead. Shower tile will be 12x24 slightly patterned (grey/black with lines of white) going vertically and stacked, I think is the right term, not brick or other layout pattern. Grout to match so it disappears. Bamboo flooring in the attached master bedroom goes perpendicular to the bathroom, from the doorway (bottom picture left side door) through the rest of the room. Bathroom is 69" from entering edge to doorway to toilet/shower, 47" wide. Shower 'room' is 47" from door to window and floor area is 47" wide from left wall to where the. Shower starts just a couple of inches to the right of the door frame inside the room. Should the tile go longwise from the entrance through the small room to the window? Stacked pattern, brick or something else. Thanks.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    JAZ Design, Inc.
    hace 5 años

Hello! Good question, It is pretty much rule of thumb to lay tile length wise in the longest direction of the bathroom. You are correct too, stacked is a fine term as opposed to brick or running bond if you want to get technical. It sounds like you are going with a more modern feel noting the stacked version in the shower & disappearing grout, so I would follow that thought throughout the floor. It would be nice to see the tile. What is your vanity like? Are you looking to add a pop of color??

Yugi Foster agradeció a JAZ Design, Inc.
  • millworkman
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

How about a scaled floor plan with what will be where? As well as what the finished and appearances of the rest of the room will be.

• Yugi Foster
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks...Vanity is black and their are two 12x12x48 cabinets hanging from the ceiling on each end for additional storage. Bedroom/bathroom are grey/black/white--using the below photo for inspiration. I haven't yet decided on what color I will use to contrast or 'pop'. I think I'm going to wait until I see the finished work to decide on that. Round penny tile pictured below for shower floor and niches..

ti

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.