Houzz Logo Print
jasmine_h94

Faux Modern Wood Window Jamb

hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Hi all! My husband and I are currently constructing our first home through a builder who specializes in tract homes. In saying that, the option to have a true window jamb extension is not available.

We want the modern and clean look of a wooden window jamb. Ripping out the existing drywall window return is not an option as it would be too costly. Rather, we would add wood trim on top of this to give it that look.

My question is, is that doable? I've looked all over the internet to find a similar solution. Everyone is either completing the extension. As the manufacturer's jamb did not come flush from the window to the wall (now I've got that song in my head). The other solution involves minor demo.

So basically, has anyone ever heard of, done, or seen wood nailed to a drywall return to give it that modern extended window jamb look?

End goal

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Yes. You would gut it right up the frame on the current window and you loose the roughly 1.5" of jamb dimensions, but would have the wood return that you are looking for. This would require the installation of casing as well.

• hace 5 años

Thanks for the reply! I would love to do a real wood return, but budget wise that is not an option. Could I simply nail wood onto the existing drywall to achieve this look?

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Could I simply nail wood onto the existing drywall to achieve this look?

Yes

Jasmine H agradeció a PPF.
  • hace 2 años

I was wondering how your project turned out? I an looking to do the same

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.