Houzz Logo Print
lk_2011

Need help furnishing and decorating log cabin

LK Homes
hace 5 años

Hi, We just bought an older log cabin and are in the process of updating it. I need help furnishing and decorating the living room and the bedrooms. I feel like there is too much wood in the whole house (the log walls, wood ceiling and the oak floor is almost in every room). I picked a Petra Slate Horizon tile (see in the picture) to cool down the orange color of wood. I was planning to tile the kitchen and the sun room with the Horizon tile. I do not know what colors and accessories to bring to this log cabin so it has a cozy mountain feel, but at the same time is a little bit modern. I guess i am looking for a modern/lodge style if it exists. Any help and advise from professionals is very appreciated. Please see the pictures.

Comentarios (1,7 k)

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Yes, we are taking the furniture on Saturday and I am hoping that we assemble most of it over the weekend. The mattresses are coming on Tuesday but due to my work schedule, I won't be able to set up the beds until Thursday. You will see a lot before you leave but also you will have plenty mistakes to fix when you come back :)

I did not buy the black center piece at C&B. It was too big, too heavy, too expensive ($165 with tax). I would need to spend another $100 to fill it up with candles or other decor. Also, I don't want to pay about $200 for 2 hurricanes for the island form BL. Do we have a cheaper option for the island decor? What about just having my fruit bowl and maybe fresh flowers?

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

You can try the red bowl on the island. My only concern is that the red may clash with the orange in the perimeter counter top but since the bowl isn't sitting directly on it it may be fine. I'd start there and then if we need to go in a different direction we can. Have you looked recently at TJ Maxx or Home Goods for candle sticks/hurricane or a vessel of some sort for the DR table?

Looks like Hobby Lobby has a sale on the fake fruits & vegetables right now.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Floral-Wedding/Floral-Supplies/Faux-Food/Mixed-Fruit/p/80865674

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Floral-Wedding/Floral-Supplies/Faux-Food/Mixed-Veggies/p/80865707?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ZvlBRBbEiwANw9UWgkbgp3n-F3A3JKvHVfjdpUDVRNCL64ev9dcX9RBa89IRHIX-rqwERoCz1IQAvD_BwE

LK Homes agradeció a tedbixby
  • tedbixby
    hace 5 años

Don't forget that you have those 2 domed pieces that might also work on the island.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you. I forgot about my domed pieces. I will use them on the kitchen island with the red bowl.

Are you still planning to surprise me with the faux fur blanket and pillows for MB? I purchased this exact set with the yellow quilt.

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

I'm guessing that the red bowl and dome pieces aren't going to compliment each other but it doesn't hurt to try. I might be pleasantly surprised :)

Dang, I forgot about the pillow and faux fur...

As far as the pillows on the bed. Are you thinking of doing exactly what the photo shows? Are you thinking of using that one pillow that keeps showing up in your photos.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I was thinking to do the same set up as in the picture and I would also use the blue pillow i have

and I also have 3 of these euro pillows at home. You will probably say "no" to these. It was one of the first purchases for the lodge. I bought them over the holidays before we even closed on the mountain house, thinking that this linen color will work with anything :)

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

Oh yes- the "will work with everything" thought. And then it doesn't! I think we should wait til you get the bed made and see if we need to do anything.

I was thinking about the MB dresser. Do you know if this dresser is still available? Sorry for the poor photo as I didn't see it on it's own in your IB.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

No, this dresser is not available. I contacted the seller multiple times but they never responded. I will set up my bed with the navy bedding tonight and see what else we are missing.

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

OK. We'll get it figured out. From what I could find, the MB bed and night stands were part of the Newport collection which was available in 2004. Charish has the QUEEN bed for sale for $2300. You scored on this buy:)

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I thought that the bed was called Somerset. It is still available on EA website but I do not want to pay EA prices.

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

Oh, I'll have to go look. Either way, you still scored :)!

I relooked at the one on Charish. I think they made a mistake as it looks like your Somerset. Thanks for letting me know as it helps in my search.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

This was our emergency option from AFW. DO you still like it?

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I am sorry, but I changed my mind on the GB dresser. I never blue taped it in the room but I think that it might be too big with 2 queen beds and 2 sliding barn doors behind it. I decided to set up the beds first and see how much space I have left for a dresser. I think, I'd prefer to have a smaller table to put the TV on and not the full size dresser in GB. If I have enough space and can buy the white dresser the same day.

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

Do you know if it is on the showroom floor? If so, you could take a drawer from the night stand and see if the stains compliment each other. It's not bad and better than others you have recently show though it is still a bit casual.

I just ate a whole sleeve of Mint Girl Scout cookies in 15 min.. thanks Girl Scouts for not making me feel guilty for eating them since my purchase of 5 boxes were going for a good cause. But dang, it is way too easy to eat a whole sleeve. And I don't think I'm the only one that does this in one sitting?

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

I think you are doing the right thing of waiting on the GB dresser until you get the beds in there. Especially since you aren't sure of it fitting. Am I right to guess that the closet is a walk-in with some shelving so a dresser isn't really needed?

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Yes, there is a walk in closet with shelving but I still need a little table for the TV. It can not be on the wall because of the sliding barn doors.

Do not worry, you are no the only one who can eat the whole sleeve of the mint cookies. We used to eat bags, not just sleeves per day in the office. Mint and the coconut are my favorites!

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

What do you think about something like this for GB TV table for not so "matchy matchy" look?

• tedbixby
    hace 5 años

Now you are thinking like a decorator. Much more interesting than matchy, matchy. I'm on board with this line of thinking for the GB. And I like this piece as it has has some drawers to it and has that "rustic" feel to it like the beds.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Now we just need to find one under $300 :)

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

WIP - sunroom! ♥♥♥

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

LR - So excited to see how everything is coming together!!!

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Fabulous!!! You and Ted should feel proud! Nitpicking - all artwork needs to come down a tad;) Haha. Good job guys:)

LK Homes agradeció a kjoy1
  • kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Love the pillows:)

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you!!! I will lower the horse painting when I am by myself. I had my mother in law telling me where to hang it and I didn't want to argue with her too much. It was even higher and I made them lower by one log.

I still have two blank kitchen walls. Any ideas what I need to do here?

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Horse and bear put somewhere?

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Horse is in DR and bear is in GB
  • shwshw
    hace 5 años

I particularly like the gold pillows with the buffalo plaid. And, everything else looks great too!

LK Homes agradeció a shwshw
  • kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Maybe a bar/coffee cart...

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Saw this dresser in your ideabook...don’t know the dimensions but think it could look good in the kitchen as well...mimics the backsplash.

• Usuario de Houzz-705385261
    hace 5 años

We are Hadley Rose a luxury home furnishing brand offering designer luxury furniture, lighting, textiles, décor, luxury outdoor furniture & bespoke furniture. Please see our website for more information https://www.hadleyrose.co.uk/

LK Homes agradeció a Usuario de Houzz-705385261
  • kjoy1
    hace 5 años

This one looks nice...if it fits...

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

This is an Uttermost piece...I just like the coloring of the frame...

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Kjoy - thank you for the sketches! I love the gray frame too but I am not sure I like the scull...

The size of the moose painting fits perfectly in the LR. I was thinking to buy it and see how it looks in the house.

I don't know what I want to do with the empty kitchen wall. I like how the bar cart looks in there but I am not sure if I want to give this option to the renters to drive around the house with the drink cart. Also, I don't know if this would be a good space for a desk, but I would like to have some work/office area to set up my laptop instead of working at the dining table.

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Ok. No worries. Just throwing out ideas at you:) I will continue to ponder that kitchen wall. I think the moose is definitely worth trying.

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I am working on M bedding, bath rugs and towels right now. I do not like the yellow quilt for M bedding i have. I ordered new quilts in ivory/beige colors from Macy's to see if they might work better with the navy duvet cover and pillow cases.

Please post all your ideas for any part of the house as they are very helpful to me. Ted is on vacation and I need as much guidance as possible with the final details from all of you! Thank you!

This is my current color combination for M bed.

• kjoy1
    hace 5 años

What?!? Ted is on vacation...he/she is not allowed to do that! I guess I am just super jealous...this is what is happening at my house today...

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Kjoy - same happening in CO. I guess we both got hit by the same snow storm.

• pat1250
    hace 5 años
    Following
    LK Homes agradeció a pat1250
  • beadsnsew
    hace 5 años

Hope all is going well at the cabin Ligita, looking forward to pics of those beautiful spaces!

LK Homes agradeció a beadsnsew
  • Usuario de Houzz-295535458
    hace 5 años
    It seems as if Ted is having the longest vacation ever! I miss seeing the updates on the progress with the cabin. Hope all is well.
    LK Homes agradeció a Usuario de Houzz-295535458
  • PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hi! I am sorry, Ted and I are doing a lot to work in our IBs and I am not posting every idea I have on this thread. I will definitely post the final pictures and the link to the booking website! Cabin is looking lovely! Nothing is final yet and there is still a lot of work left to do.

Here are some pics

LR

Map in the SR I just hang up. Do not have time to finish the bar top right now, but will do it in the near future. Broncos decor is my son's idea.

MB. Ted is Still working on the perfect pillows :)

GB - not finished yet

M Bath

Stairs to the basement. Elk mount was my husband's idea.

Kitchen - My favorite!

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Sun room!

• PRO
    LK Homes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

LR & DR

• beadsnsew
    hace 5 años

Yea, thanks for the pics! WOW! Great job - everything looks FANTASTIC (even if not quite completed). My favorite is the Living room, but everything else runs a really close 2nd ;) You must be so pleased with how it is all coming together, you have worked so hard to make it perfect and it shows. Hubby's idea for the stairway is great, too!

LK Homes agradeció a beadsnsew
    hace 5 años
    It’s so great to see the progress!!! I am loving that guest bedroom. Buffalo check, on those beautiful beds and the red that pops is stunning! It feels like a happy, inviting space. I just love it. Really, the whole cabin does. I’m amazed!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!
    hace 5 años
    Also, excellent choice on that faucet in the island. Perfection!
  • shwshw
    hace 5 años
    You and Ted have done such a great job! Congratulations. Looking forward to the final reveal
    LK Homes agradeció a shwshw
  • Saxa Huang
    hace 5 años

Hi, you place indoor tabletop fountain or floortop fountain

there are many kinds but i am advissing you the first one you can get them at www.topfountain.com

visit

hace 5 años
    Just when I think the cabin can’t get any better, y’all kick it up another notch. Incredible! I am just in awe.
  • PRO
    The KEEPING ROOM
    hace 5 años

I love log cabins like this. If I were lucky enough to be able to own one myself, I'd have these two Hancock and Moore chairs somewhere in it.

LK Homes agradeció a The KEEPING ROOM
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.