Houzz Logo Print
m111675

Porcelain that looks like white marble

m111675
hace 5 años
Looking for a polished porcelain with a white/cream background with soft grey veining (maybe statuario). Don’t want too dark veining and don’t want too much veining. Would like in 24x24 or 18x18 in polished porcelain. Seems better if comes from Italy. Suggestions? Would love to see real life photos of it too. Thanks!

Comentarios (56)

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks very much. Any other choices besides MSI brand? Gizzini Stat One? Florim Cerim Timeless Calacatta? Cerdomus Statuario Puro? Thanks!
  • PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    hace 5 años

Are you committed to the 18x18 size? You'd have more options if not.

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Could be 24x24. Prefer square for floor on diagonal. Could also do 12x24 in offset pattern on shower walls.
  • PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    hace 5 años

Just go visit the better tile showrooms in your area; you will see many options in one place and get a "feel" for what you like.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 5 años

I used such a tile in my own MBath. It was NOT polished, but matte finished, and I used a small white tile for the shower floor - big tiles don't work in small spaces and my shower is small (36" square - just exactly to Code). I love it!

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I have been to tile shops and can’t find what I am looking for - looking for cream/white background and soft grey veining but not too much of it. Some of the suggestions here look like they have more veining than I would like. But I would like some distinct veining - not just grey tile.
  • PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    hace 5 años

Porcelain that has the look of natural stone will try to replicate natural stone = white with grey/and perhaps others shades in the veining. What exactly is your inspiration? Only natural stone will offer the variation in color I think you are suggesting. A photo of the look you like?

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Cerdomus Statuario Puro looks pretty good but having a hard time seeing it in person or in a photo online not from the brochure/catalogue but a real life photo of it

http://www.cerdomus.com/flex/AppData/WebLive/webCataloghi/ac7eef020a8771ba326152ef1e3af876/Catalogo ExtremeWhite 2P.pdf
  • PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    hace 5 años

I'm surprised you're having trouble locating the look/style in a good tile showroom. Some of the lines that are in my shop; in Happy Floors, there's multiple series in the style. Novabell, the Imperial Line is beautiful, Anatolia's Mayfair Line are just some examples of what's available.

• thinkdesignlive
    hace 5 años
    MSI has a calacatta porcelain that might work for you. It’s not a stark white background (see shower pic) ditto others that have said no glossy floors however I also prefer matte finish for walls. Water spots are much more evident on the glossy.
  • m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks. Anatolia’s Mayfair is made in China. Any difference between Italian made and Chinese made porcelains that look like marble? I heard Italian is the best.
  • Kristin S
    hace 5 años

Vallelunga Calacatta is lovely. It has some of the luminosity of marble, which is hard to find. I would NOT use the large tiles on the flor, though, as they’d be pretty slick. (We got one to test since we were considering it.) you’d have to track down who your local distributor would be - United Tile carries it, if they’re in your region. www.vallelungacer.it/collezioni/calacatta/?lang=en

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 5 años

As others have pointed out, 12 x 24 tile on a shower floor is a slipping hazard. Many manufacturers of porcelain tile make matching 2 x 2's for this purpose, but if they don't, your tile guy can cut them to size on site. More $ for installation if you go this route, however. I would check out Porcelanosa or Arizona Tile for good porcelain options that look like carerra marble.

• Pinebaron
    hace 5 años

You can use polished tile on the shower walls/tub surround and a satin version on bathroom floors.

Much of this information is available online but few pay attention to this level of detail prior to selecting flooring material.

The following is relevant to tiles:

SCOF/Static Coefficient of Friction or DCOF/Dynamic Coefficient of Friction: 0.42 is acceptable as a minimum value for surfaces that are expected to be walked on when wet with water; higher numbers are better.

PEI Rating: This is not relevant to your use of tiles in the bathroom but for entry and other traffic ares. Standard tiles have a rating of III (3) suitable for light to moderate traffic but IV (4) is better and usually commericial grade suitable for moderate to heavy traffic.

MOHS Rating: Mohs Hardness Scale is used as a convenient way to help identify minerals. A mineral's hardness is a measure of its relative resistance to scratching. For instance quartz is 7; a good quality porcelain tile will be 6.

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I usually just see polished and matte versions. Which ones have satin?
  • Pinebaron
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

The matte version; satin is just a texture name and in this instance refers to tiles that are not polished.

• Kristin S
    hace 5 años

Is that a newer product from Daltile? I'd planned to use a different marble-look line from them in our house, but I don't remember seeing that one...

• jkt107
    hace 5 años

We are using Crossville Virtue. It's one of the most realistic looking ones I've seen.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    hace 5 años

I would look into Happy floors... they have some beautiful tiles and alot of them are rated for pool areas - so they would be more slip resistant!

• Kristin S
    hace 5 años

Crossville Virtue was discontinued and replaced by State of Grace.

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Where are the State of Grace tiles made?
  • m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Anyone have any real life photos of these tiles? Often they look much different in real life than in the catalogues/brochures/website. Thanks!
  • Kristin S
    hace 5 años

I just took a picture of the sample board for State of Grace today. I really liked it. It was more beige and less gray in person v. on the website..

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Yes State of Grace looks pretty but probably also helpful to see more tiles to see range of the veining. Hard with these just to see samples because so much variation. Seems best to see a bunch installed in showroom or in a house to get an accurate depiction.
  • User
    hace 5 años
    Check out floor and decor!
  • Lila S
    hace 5 años
    You are looking for what I’m looking to use in the new house we’re building, this place have it in large format and its the best price I find , they have couple option in sizes and colors , check it , the price is between 2 to 3 $ per sq which I think its great https://tilesnstone.com/category/porcelain-floor-tiles/large-format-tile/
  • adawn5
    hace 5 años

ccwatters posted photos yesterday of their bathroom which used state of grace tiles at the end of this thread: https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5551115/porcelain-marble-advice-please

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks for the reference to that other thread with some photos of State of Grace. Very helpful to see. Any other photos of real life porcelain white marbles - like Cerdomus Statuario Plus or Cerim/Florim Timeless Calacatta or any other recommended Italian/Spanish-made ones? Thanks!
  • pr16
    hace 5 años

Have you looked at Artistic Tile?

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Yes I looked at Artistic Tile but the only porcelain statuary looking tile is one that is 24x48. That is really big. It would need to be laid in an offset pattern but 1/3 offset. It can be cut but then becomes a lot more expensive. I like this one though. Think worth it to deal with 24x48? Would be for bath floor, shower walls, and tub front. Anything similar to that one but that comes in 24x24? I want white/cream background with grey veining, but not too much of it and not too dark. Thanks!
  • Pinebaron
    hace 5 años

I’ll put up completed master bath pics soon but how about this?

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    They look good!
  • wdccruise
    hace 5 años

You might want to take a look at emser.com. Emser makes lots of tiles that might meet your requirements and its website lists the usage (floor, shower, wall, etc.) for which each tile is suitable. Emser has showrooms around the country where you can see the tile and from which you can take samples. Examples: Kalta, Quest, Duomo.

• Trina
    hace 5 años
    I just finished this bathroom. We stained the cement. I bought the tile at Home Depot. I’m not sure if the brand
  • Pinebaron
    hace 5 años

Few pics. I still need to attach hand shower slides and shower glass is a month away. Examples of what you may want; polished tile on walls and tub with satin tile on the floor.

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    That looks really good!! What tile is used in your bathroom?
  • ccwatters
    hace 5 años

Crossville State of Grace in my bathroom....

On hex floor:

See base moulding for idea of larger pieces

Up close before grout (not great lighting)

On shower wall in niche

• m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Anyone seen or know Portofino Venato tile? It is from Italy but not sure about its quality. Does not look quite as well made but hard to tell. The coating at the top seems thin. Would love to hear what people think/know about this tile. Thank you!!
  • m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Here is a link to the Portofino Venato tile - see this webpage and scroll down to see it. It looks like Statuario.

http://cancostileandstone.com/index.php?route=product/productline&path=83_891#ad-image-0

What do you think? Good quality? Any photos of real life install?

Thanks!
  • m111675
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Here is a link to the same Portofino tile (this is the Italian maker’s website)

https://www.ceramicasantagostino.it/en/products/collection/themar/?ambience=556
  • fancyxx
    hace 5 años
    Try bedrosians.
  • kitchen3920
    hace 5 años

Hi! How did your bathroom turn out? Please post a picture and information on the products. Thanks!

• hannah himelman
    hace 4 años

Can you tell me what countertop you went with?

• hannah himelman
    hace 4 años

I am using Caesarstone quartz products and am deciding between frosty carrina and organic white to use with the white quest floor tile. Any advice ?

• User
    hace 4 años

Start a new thread is alway the best advise, as your question will be clear in the title.

• PRO
    JCA Design Group
    hace 4 años

The OP has everything correct and the answer is Refin Ceramiche out of Italy. They make an outstanding porcelain and you cannot tell it's a print no matter how close you get. We have used this product in our builds time and again. The company is wonderful to deal with, and their product is second to none. Plus, we have their marble look tiles installed all over our office and you would be amazed at how many people walk in and ask where we purchased the marble from so they can get it too. They are always shocked to hear it's actually Italian porcelain and not marble. If you are in the Austin area, we are a Refin dealer and would be glad to assist.

• Dan Hay
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

We went with a honed porcelain slab with grey veining. It took me a long time to find a slab that looks a lot like Calacatta marble. Love how it turned out!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.