lima

What else is needed to finish this tiny cabin bedroom?

hace 5 años
This room is only 10’ x 10’ and is a high mountain cabin. I’m thinking about perhaps a Roman shade in addition to roller blind, more colorful bedding, art, maybe call it finished? I’m working toward a “Nordic” look, without using grays.

Comentarios (168)

• hace 5 años
    gypsyrose17, it’s a lovely design, just not a blue person. I wish it wasn’t so. Want to avoid blue and gray.
  • hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Tea dye the sample and blue changes... Now that you say that, I see pale blue 'clouds'.... here's the other, cotton:

Moose Mountain Fabric Fall Cabin Lodge Decor, Standard Cut · Más información

[https://www.houzz.com/products/moose-mountain-fabric-fall-cabin-lodge-decor-standard-cut-prvw-vr~102317276[(https://www.houzz.com/products/moose-mountain-fabric-fall-cabin-lodge-decor-standard-cut-prvw-vr~102317276)

• hace 5 años

Sample not so wrong for bedroom but to be honest it reminds me of a kitchen or similar room. It as a 'lite' look? and whimsical? --- glued onto something? seriously: a tissue box.

• hace 5 años
    everdebz, your right. Too much of a theme and looks like a dish towel.
  • hace 5 años

Oh my ... a dish towel. Kinda of Ikea looking though in a good way?

• hace 5 años
    What do you think about this mirror?
  • hace 5 años

Is the bed liked enough, and focal enough, seems so. Let the shape and antlers be it then - no interesting shapes, and to me not a wonderfully detailed mirror either. Your first blanket was wow, and new curtains. ;-)

• hace 5 años
    Ok, now I have to get back on the fabric, a much more daunting task.
  • hace 5 años

Hi Kate,

Ive been following This thread but haven’t posted here yet. Been loving reading about it. When the other fabric didn’t work out, I started thinking of other options I think could work.

i love your space and the Scandinavian direction you’re intending to move forward with :) I also really like the green wall!! I think the overall look youre heading in will be perfect to continue and tie throughout your entire space. It is perfect with the big living room windows *drooling*

i put together some mock ups for you with different fabrics/pillows etc that complement the green color. I kept the selections to more abstract prints, and some that are reminiscent of nature, birds etc that you seem to enjoy.

I will post them here tomorrow morning. Right now I’m about to put my little guy down for bed, so I don’t have time to attach the mock ups right now.

To be continued tomorrow AM :)

• hace 5 años

Up your pillow game.

• hace 5 años
    I find the dark green stands in too great contrast to the walls, thus making the whole room jarring. If you’re happy with the green (it sounds like you are) I’d consider something more sympathetic on the other surfaces. I’d find a bedspread and window covering fabric you like, that has the green, and pick another colour from there. (Fabric first, paint second. You can always find the right paint to match fabric since there are thousands of paint colours, but the opposite is tough.)
  • hace 5 años

Please don't change your headboard/bed, antlers or beautiful wall color. I love them together. In my opinion, something is wrong about the low chest with the dark framed mirror above it. Maybe a taller, narrower chest with a plain or light colored frame mirror above it would look good. But just as it is now, your room is unique and very attractive. I'm not a fan of pillows, other than the kind for sleeping on. Your colored blanket looks good and could even be unfolded.

• hace 5 años
    Kate, thank you. I agree about the mirror, it seems high too. I can’t lower it because of the switch. I just happen to have it sitting around until I find a better one. I would have liked a taller chest, but it’s a narrow space and the shorter height allows it to double as a luggage rack since there is no room for one or even a chair.
  • hace 5 años
    Kris, no room to put the pillows at night so I have to keep it simple.
  • hace 5 años
    Pam K, I can’t wait to see your suggestions.
  • hace 5 años

Hi Kate!

Okay, here goes. There's a lot of fabric options I put in the mockups. I only put in pillows. If there's any one or few that you like, I can add in other elements to the mockup like throw at end of bed, window treatments, art etc.

My goals in choosing fabrics were:

- tie in green color from wall, because you love it and I think its fab

- choose abstract prints or prints that incorporate natural elements

- keep the pillows simple bc I know you said you don't have anywhere to store them

- stay away from grays and blues as much as possible, except perhaps a tiny touch here and there

Hope this helps :)

In the following options, the printed pillows are actually shams. You put your regular pillows inside the pillow cases and keep them on your bed for sleeping. So the only pillow you'd need to remove is the accent lumbar pillow.

Below, you asked about this mirror. I actually think it works well with your space, however it really conflicts with the headboard shape. For this mirror, the headboard shape would need to be simplified to straight across, in my opinion. You still get the amazing texture of the wood. Perhaps this even goes better with your scandi style because it's a simpler shape?

In most any of the options, you can bring in an accent color. Since this post has so many pics so far, I'll post again in a second with some rooms I found online that I think may be the direction you're trying to head.

You tell us what appeals to you, and we can help you get there :)

• hace 5 años

Been trying to post some spaces I found online, but Houzz is not cooperating. I'll need to try again later.

• hace 5 años

A wash or chalk paint or wax... just cotton duck or painter's cloth curtains with maybe bit of trim. I think this look maybe not so much of colors....

Handcrafted Headboard, Hanger Style, Serenity Mix, Queen · Más información

Distressed Panels Adhesive Headboard, Full/Queen, 56"x38" · Más información

• hace 5 años

Plain could still be great - what about the posted persimmon fabric you liked? … colorful headboard, bedding, or curtains in which combination. ;-)

Handcrafted Headboard, Hanger Style, Northern Green, Queen · Más información

• hace 5 años
    Pam, I like the fabrics you chose, especially the little green birds. Your right about the mirror not working with that headboard. The headboard has to stay for now although I’m open to painting it.
  • hace 5 años

Hi Kate!

Glad you enjoyed some of the fabrics. Which ones did you like, other than the small green birds? I can add some other elements To the mock up for you with any of the fabrics you liked :)

Totally understand needing to keep the headboard. It is REALLY beautiful but just doesn’t work with that mirror shape in my opinion. Personally, I think the mirror would need to be simpler shape like an oval so it doesn’t compete with the headboard.

Another idea...

Can you post a photo showing the inside of the closet And dimensions of the interior length and depth? There are some inexpensive closet organizers that can be installed, with drawers to add additional storage.

We have installed them ourselves in many of our closets, and in some cases it’s freed us up to remove a chest from smaller rooms. That opens up the room and makes it look less crowded! Possibly doable depending on your closet space and what’s currently in there. If it’s currently a standard rod, the storage can be maximized tremendously :)

in my opinion, the fabric prints colors and other elements chosen for this room would look best if they flowed through the rest of the cabin. I really like the table and chairs you chose!

• hace 5 años
    Pam, yes the closet needs help since it is the only closet in the cabin! I will start looking for an oval mirror too. I like the vine leaf print with some of the orange. Yes I hope to use the same colors more or less throughout the space. We are getting flooring this summer to replace the pink carpeting. Thinking maybe a honey oak to blend with all the pine.
  • hace 5 años

Kate, yes if it’s the only closet then definitely a system in it would help temendoubly. What I’ve personally used in my closets is called Closetmaid Selectives (available at Home Depot). It Can easily be installed yourself. It’s a tower of shelves that can be placed anywhere in your closet. You hang rods from either side of it To the adjacent wall. You can purchase regular drawers, shallow drawers, metal baskets, doors etc to insert into the tower. It is essentially a modular system so you customize it to your needs, and it’s affordable.

Im working on some other renderings for you with the fabric you liked to show how it could come together. Post later when done :)

• hace 5 años

Have antlers been above the dresser, why not....allow equal attention to them and headboard both. OR Would headboard painted an off-white work?

• hace 5 años
    I’m shopping for an oval mirror, then the antlers wouldn’t work over the mirror. I can move the antlers to a different location in the house. I added a picture like another person suggested.
  • hace 5 años
    Weird, but when you click on the pic above the picture I actually posted comes up.
  • hace 5 años
    Never mind, working now.
  • hace 5 años

Bedroom pics:

Continuing elements into living room:

Hope this helps you visualize how the different elements could work together :)

• hace 5 años
    Pam, thank you. My plan exactly. I like the orange fabric.
  • hace 5 años

[I meant antlers instead of a mirror]

• hace 5 años

Hi... me again. With simple shape and wood of headboard, maybe 'my wool rug' with its pretty flowers would add interest. Would be different story if ornate bed yeh?... but even bed pillows don't seem your thrill ..?

• hace 5 años
    I realize this is a challenging space given the tight space. I think I’m just going to add a fabric Roman shade and change the mirror and call it a day. I’m keeping the green wall at least for now. I hope to find some great fabric. I will post pics as I make the changes. Thank you houzzers for the suggestions.
  • hace 5 años

If antlers have been painted already -- what about above persimmon fabric for example?

• hace 5 años
    Thanks everbez, yes I like the persimmon fabric too. I may go fabric shopping today. We haven’t been able to get to the cabin since we are expecting a few more feet of snow. Probably have about 6’ now.
  • hace 5 años
    I did add a small pic that someone suggested. I don’t want mirrors above the nightstands, since I think one over the dresser is more usable and very little space on the left side.
  • hace 5 años
    Sorry wrong pic,
  • hace 5 años
    That’s just crazy, it keeps posting random pics even though the one I selected is correct.
  • hace 5 años
    Seems to have fixed itself, quirky!
  • hace 5 años

Nice how the moose pic adds something [and to the white already there]. I suppose the black contemporary lamp was always there, and the pillow, but seems to develop a minimal look, especially with simple look of headboard....

• hace 5 años

Nordic style wall murals

• hace 3 años

Hey, just stumbled on this thread and wondered how that small bedroom turned out?!

• hace 3 años

i repainted the wall white since others didn’t like the green, so now it’s just boring. i lost motivation after that and so it sits.

• hace 3 años

Well, I guess it was so boring that you didn't post it! LOL! But I have to tell you that your paint job on the Ikea dresser in that room inspired me for a rug painting project I have had kicking around the house for a long time. Nosing around online, I found there is a "pattern" something like what you did called Nordic Triangles, or some variant of that name -- it's commonly seen as a patchwork quilt pattern, but it shows up in other modes here and there, some more random than the typical quilt design. Maybe you know of it and deliberately used it on the dresser -- or maybe it was all just subconscious! The Nordic connection (triangles = mountains? evergreen trees?) seemed relevant for our family since my spouses' ancestors immigrated from Norway, so that re-invigorated me about my long-delayed rug project (plus a house guest on the way!).

Since I am launching on stenciling my jute/cotton rug once I get the paint to the right shade of blue, it occurred to me that maybe some version of this approach might work for you for your window treatment -- stencil fabric using use some variation of what you did on the dresser, in whatever colors you finally settled on....maybe relating to the blanket or bed cover you would be using or to the rest of the interior? Ha, you could even stencil the same pattern on the boring white wall!!!

What did finally do about the pink carpet? I bet it is long gone, and I'd love to see what you did instead!

• hace 3 años

Karenmo, sounds like a great project and I thought of doing it on a bedspread, but never tried fabric. Please let me know how it turns out. My drawings were inspired by some mountain pics I’ve seen and arrows with a little Charles Harper mixed in, but totally random with no plan. That’s how I roll:(. I tried to upload a pic, but it didn’t work and I couldn’t find the original posting, but it is boring. Yes all the pink is finally gone. We went with a LVP that has some color variations including the yellow/orange of all the pine. It wouldn’t of been my first pic, but the price was right and worked. It is holding up well and hides the dirt pretty well, happy with it so far. I will try to post another pic.

• hace 3 años

Still not loading the pictures.

• hace 3 años

So I changed the wall color back to white. Now it just looks boring and I lost my motivation.

• hace 3 años

The pink carpeting is gone! We went with a LVP, because it was within our budget. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it looks good and is super easy to maintain.

• hace 3 años

I think a light tan/greige based on the background of your blanket would be pretty. Take it to a paint store (not big box store) and get the pros there to blend something up for you.

• hace 3 años

Decoenthusiaste, would you paint all the wall or just the wall behind the headboard?

• hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I'd do all in such a small room. It'll be real cozy.

Kate agradeció a decoenthusiaste
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.