Houzz Logo Print
familystover

Basement wet bar area - cabinet color and counter tops?

Andrea Stover
hace 5 años

Our basement is light filled and walkout to a screened in porch. We are taking out the carpet and putting in an oak color LVP. The LVP will go through the bar area. We would like to update the counters on the bar, add an under mount sink and a under counter beverage fridge.

Can you please help in design advice on counter tops to go with current white cabinets? Would you do a flat putty color?

I think I will change out the knobs to dark pulls. Would you paint the cabinets?

PS - there is a large stacked stone fireplace on the other wall.

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Christian Fekete Architecture and Design
    hace 5 años

Today a grey color palette is fashionable. Your walls are already grey, you're almost there. I would recommend a natural stone, granite, maybe with a lighter tone of grey for contrast and light. Good luck

• iamtiramisu
    hace 5 años
    Nice space. Professional cabinet painting costs thousands to have done properly, it’s not clear what the budget is on this and if you’re ready to spend that much as part of this refresh. The cabinets look to be in good shape though, so unless there is wear/damage not easily seen in these pics (which is entirely possible) I wouldn’t do that right now. Since you have white cabinets and a warm color floor, you have lots of options as long as you stay in a warmer palette and don’t go stark/cool. A black leathered granite would look great with the dark pulls, but you could also go lighter if that’s your preference. Blue Dunes and Alaska White granite are two I’m thinking of off the top of my head that could work beautifully in the space, but you may not like those, they may not be your taste. It’s hard to say over the internet without seeing things in your space with your lighting conditions. Best course of action is to take a door off and take it to some stone yards and see what you like, then bring home some samples to view in the space and see what you like best.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.